LaserJet II problem

Post by ek » Fri, 16 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Suddenly I'm unable to print from my HP LaserJet II.  In Windows 3.1 it
reports that the printer is either offline or not selected.  If I then
plug in my Desk jet 540 instead, everything works fine. So I know my
parallel port is working.

When I try to print from DOS I get the same message.

Everything seems to be working fine.  The LaserJet II turns on fine and
goes into the ready mode after warming up.

Any help appreciated.
Kind Regards,

Ed

-

LaserJet II problem

Post by Jeff Wilkins » Sat, 17 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Run a self test page and see if it is set up for the parallel port. If
it is set to the serial port, take it off line and hold down the menu
key for about 5 seconds until the secondary menu appears. Scroll
through by hitting the menu key until you come to the input menu.
Change it to parallel with the plus/minus key and then hit enter to
save this configuration. Hope this helps.

Jeff                        http://www.netcom.com/~laser/als.html
All Laser Service           Laser printer parts and supplies
Sunnyvale, CA               Inkjet mailers and compatible cartridges
                            Laser printer memory upgrades

writes:

>Suddenly I'm unable to print from my HP LaserJet II.  In Windows 3.1
it
>reports that the printer is either offline or not selected.  If I then
>plug in my Desk jet 540 instead, everything works fine. So I know my
>parallel port is working.

>When I try to print from DOS I get the same message.

>Everything seems to be working fine.  The LaserJet II turns on fine
and
>goes into the ready mode after warming up.

>Any help appreciated.
>Kind Regards,

>Ed

>-

LaserJet II problem

Post by P&G Comput » Fri, 23 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>Suddenly I'm unable to print from my HP LaserJet II.  In Windows 3.1 it
>reports that the printer is either offline or not selected.  If I then
>plug in my Desk jet 540 instead, everything works fine. So I know my
>parallel port is working.

>When I try to print from DOS I get the same message.

>Everything seems to be working fine.  The LaserJet II turns on fine and
>goes into the ready mode after warming up.

>Any help appreciated.
>Kind Regards,

>Ed

>-

If the LJII has both a serial port and a parallel port, be sure the
parallel port has been selected in the printer menu as the primary
(default) interface.  It may have somehow gotten changed to serial.
Email me If I can be of any further help.

P&G Computer Repair
Ballston Spa, NY

Custom Computer Service
Watervliet, NY