spool 32 error

Post by <modesti.. » Wed, 16 May 2001 00:30:56

About 3 out of 4 times when I try to print, I get the following error
message:
Spool 32 has caused an error in <unknown>.  Spool 32 will now close.  If
you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer.
The computer then freezes, doesn't respond to anything, and I have to use
ctrl-alt-delete to restart.
I'm using Windows ME, a Dell Dimension L series desktop and a Lexmark Z52
printer.  I have Norton Anti-Virus, Personal Firewall, Clean Sweep and
Utilities installed.
Disabling spooling doesn't change anything.  Lexmark says it's not their
problem. Dell says it's a Norton problem.  Norton says it's not their
software. Microsoft says it's not their software, either.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I just want to be able to print.

spool 32 error

Post by PrintersOnl » Thu, 17 May 2001 08:53:00

Quote:> Spool 32 has caused an error in <unknown>.  Spool 32 will now close.  If
> you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer.
> The computer then freezes, doesn't respond to anything, and I have to use
> ctrl-alt-delete to restart.
> I'm using Windows ME, a Dell Dimension L series desktop and a Lexmark Z52
> printer.  I have Norton Anti-Virus, Personal Firewall, Clean Sweep and
> Utilities installed.

Disable Norton Anti-Virus, it is well known that it can cause problems
especially with printer drivers etc. Many times in the last year I have seen
complaints similar to yours and the suggested solution is to disable Norton
anti-virus. What you then have to do is get an alternative as running even
for a short time without AV protection would lead to disaster.
--
---
Cheers,

spool 32 error

Post by Seawol » Fri, 18 May 2001 01:00:33

Problem is with cleansweep - specifically csinject.exe.  Per the Symantec
site, go into the msconfig program and remove the check mark from the load
at start section.  Reboot.  Rename csinject.exe to something else like
csinject.bad.  Go back into msconfig program and go to startup tab and hit
cleanup.  Then go to general section and tick on normal boot.  Reboot.
Voila no more spool32 errors.

Quote:> About 3 out of 4 times when I try to print, I get the following error
> message:
> Spool 32 has caused an error in <unknown>.  Spool 32 will now close.  If
> you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer.
> The computer then freezes, doesn't respond to anything, and I have to use
> ctrl-alt-delete to restart.
> I'm using Windows ME, a Dell Dimension L series desktop and a Lexmark Z52
> printer.  I have Norton Anti-Virus, Personal Firewall, Clean Sweep and
> Utilities installed.
> Disabling spooling doesn't change anything.  Lexmark says it's not their
> problem. Dell says it's a Norton problem.  Norton says it's not their
> software. Microsoft says it's not their software, either.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I just want to be able to print.

> --

spool 32 error

Post by MQC » Mon, 21 May 2001 21:01:33

Do you think that this solution will not present any side-effects?
what will happen to the clean sweep software, will it work properly,
renaming csinject?

Thanx

Quote:>Problem is with cleansweep - specifically csinject.exe.  Per the Symantec
>site, go into the msconfig program and remove the check mark from the load
>at start section.  Reboot.  Rename csinject.exe to something else like
>csinject.bad.  Go back into msconfig program and go to startup tab and hit
>cleanup.  Then go to general section and tick on normal boot.  Reboot.
>Voila no more spool32 errors.

 __  __   ___    ___
|  \/  | / _ \  / __|
| |\/| || (_) || (__
|_|  |_| \__\_\ \___|

Remove NOSPAM to Reply !!!

spool 32 error

Post by <modesti.. » Tue, 29 May 2001 09:30:09

I deleted Norton Anti-Virus and replaced it with InoculateIt. I also made
some changes to Cleansweep suggested by another writer. It worked. I can
print and I'm also not getting many other error messages that used to come
up constantly.
Thanks!!!

> > Spool 32 has caused an error in <unknown>.  Spool 32 will now close.
If
> > you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer.
> > The computer then freezes, doesn't respond to anything, and I have to
use
> > ctrl-alt-delete to restart.
> > I'm using Windows ME, a Dell Dimension L series desktop and a Lexmark
Z52
> > printer.  I have Norton Anti-Virus, Personal Firewall, Clean Sweep and
> > Utilities installed.

> Disable Norton Anti-Virus, it is well known that it can cause problems
> especially with printer drivers etc. Many times in the last year I have
seen
> complaints similar to yours and the suggested solution is to disable
Norton
> anti-virus. What you then have to do is get an alternative as running
even
> for a short time without AV protection would lead to disaster.
> --
> ---
> Cheers,
> Jonathan Lowe,
> "Mainly-Printers" new address,
> Please reply to the News Group and
> keep to subject.
> .

spool 32 error

Post by <modesti.. » Tue, 29 May 2001 09:30:08

I followed "Seawolf"'s instructions to the letter. It worked. I can now
print at will. Cleansweep also works without any problems. A couple of
days ago I got a newsletter from Norton, it included instructions on how
to disable csinject in Cleansweep. They didn't say it caused any problems,
but I don't see why they'd put out general instructions like that
otherwise.
My undying gratitude to Seawolf for a solution and crystal clear
instructions even a beginner like me could follow.
Thanks!!!

> Do you think that this solution will not present any side-effects?
> what will happen to the clean sweep software, will it work properly,
> renaming csinject?

> Thanx

> >Problem is with cleansweep - specifically csinject.exe.  Per the
Symantec
> >site, go into the msconfig program and remove the check mark from the
load
> >at start section.  Reboot.  Rename csinject.exe to something else like
> >csinject.bad.  Go back into msconfig program and go to startup tab and
hit
> >cleanup.  Then go to general section and tick on normal boot.  Reboot.
> >Voila no more spool32 errors.

>  __  __   ___    ___
> |  \/  | / _ \  / __|
> | |\/| || (_) || (__
> |_|  |_| \__\_\ \___|

> Remove NOSPAM to Reply !!!

spool 32 error

Post by Seawol » Wed, 30 May 2001 01:04:21

Your welcome.  Glad I could help solve your problem.

Seawolf

> I followed "Seawolf"'s instructions to the letter. It worked. I can now
> print at will. Cleansweep also works without any problems. A couple of
> days ago I got a newsletter from Norton, it included instructions on how
> to disable csinject in Cleansweep. They didn't say it caused any problems,
> but I don't see why they'd put out general instructions like that
> otherwise.
> My undying gratitude to Seawolf for a solution and crystal clear
> instructions even a beginner like me could follow.
> Thanks!!!

> > Do you think that this solution will not present any side-effects?
> > what will happen to the clean sweep software, will it work properly,
> > renaming csinject?

> > Thanx

> > >Problem is with cleansweep - specifically csinject.exe.  Per the
> Symantec
> > >site, go into the msconfig program and remove the check mark from the
> load
> > >at start section.  Reboot.  Rename csinject.exe to something else like
> > >csinject.bad.  Go back into msconfig program and go to startup tab and
> hit
> > >cleanup.  Then go to general section and tick on normal boot.  Reboot.
> > >Voila no more spool32 errors.

> >  __  __   ___    ___
> > |  \/  | / _ \  / __|
> > | |\/| || (_) || (__
> > |_|  |_| \__\_\ \___|

> > Remove NOSPAM to Reply !!!

> --

1. Spool 32 error

Hi - I am running Windows 98SE on a two computer network.  Each computer has
the latest OS updates available from Windows update.

Since setting up this network with a Belkin Gateway/Router, I've been
getting Spool 32 errors when I try to print with my Epson 750 Photo printer.

A reboot takes care of the problem, but, that is a hassle.

Only my Main computer is set up to print.  The Secondary computer does not
have access to the printer.  Here's the error info in full:

SPOOL32 caused an invalid page fault in
module <unknown> at 0000:00000001.
Registers:
EAX=fff7b873 CS=018f EIP=00000001 EFLGS=00010246
EBX=00000005 SS=0197 ESP=0321e8bc EBP=8430900c
ECX=00000011 DS=0197 ESI=0051014c FS=6d27
EDX=819a69a0 ES=0197 EDI=00000000 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
00 00 00 65 04 70 00 16 00 82 0a 65 04 70 00 65
Stack dump:
7fe4141d 005102f8 00000005 0321e90c 0000021c 0321eb28 0321eb2c 0051016c
0051014c 00000000 0051016c 01181de8 005102f8 00000005 0321e90c 0000021c

I've had this printer for 3+ years and never have a problem with it.  I
reinstalled all the Epson software, but I still get the error.  There is
nothing on the Epson site about this type of error.

Question:  Any idea about how to get rid of the Spool 32 error?

Thanks

Joe

2. Re : Personal Web Server

3. Spool 32 error message

4. palmpilot 1000 128Ko

5. Spool 32 error w/ NEC printer

6. Satellite Information Request

7. Spool 32 Error

8. Newbie Question (permissions)

9. Spool 32 errors - help

10. Hp Laserjet 5l spool 32 error

11. Problem with hp deskjet 820CXI, 660C, 690C Spool 32 error

12. Help: Spool 32 Error using Canon BJC-4550

13. Spool 32 error