Print BLACK IN ONLY in HP OfficeJet R40

Post by Steve Brad » Sun, 30 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I am trying to print some photos from Photoshop as black and white images.
I have set everything to tell it greyscale and even tried Monotone.

I set the printer to do greyscale only.

No matter what I try, it still uses the three colors to approximate the
black and white image.

How can I force it to ONLY use the black ink?

Thanks!

Steve

Post by Andrew Rossman » Sun, 30 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> I am trying to print some photos from Photoshop as black and white images.
> I have set everything to tell it greyscale and even tried Monotone.

> I set the printer to do greyscale only.

> No matter what I try, it still uses the three colors to approximate the
> black and white image.

> How can I force it to ONLY use the black ink?

  Probably only by specifying plain paper instead of photo, and maybe even
limiting it to Draft or Normal instead of Best. HP has started not using black
in higher modes. Apparantly the black cartridge does not have fine enough
control, so they started using just color.

All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!!
http://www.ntsource.com/~andyross