Epson Stylus Color (And Epson Stylus Color II) Shared on a Windows Peer-to-Peer Network

Post by Jean-Paul Kozi » Thu, 22 May 1997 04:00:00

>you need to map the spool directory on the pc without the printer to the pc
>with the printer...
>--
>Tom Fleischman
>Valley Image Processing

>http://www.voicebox.com/vip/vip.htm

>> We're running a growing peer-to-peer network (Windows 3.11 for
>> Workgroups, Windows 95, and one Windows NT Workstation 4.0 client). I
>> have tried to share an Epson Stylus Color, and Epson Stylus Color II,
>> and an Epson Stylus Pro XL over the network. I installed the print
>> driver on the "client" PC and marked the printer as shared on the "print
>> server" PC. Nevertheless, when I try to print to the shared Epson, no
>> file is ever received by the printer. Is there a trick to configuring
>> these that I'm missing?

>> Give me an HP JetDirect card, anytime.
>> --
>> John Hall

>> The opinions expressed are those of John Hall, and not necessarily
>> those of Dart Properties, Dart Energy, or any of its subsidiaries.

I had the same problem
don't use the epson spooler it doesn't work correctly with windows 95
( 16 bits piece of crap) but try to use the  windows 95 spooler

Jean-Paul

Post by Tom Fleischma » Fri, 23 May 1997 04:00:00

you need to map the spool directory on the pc without the printer to the pc
with the printer...
--
Tom Fleischman
Valley Image Processing

http://www.voicebox.com/vip/vip.htm

> We're running a growing peer-to-peer network (Windows 3.11 for
> Workgroups, Windows 95, and one Windows NT Workstation 4.0 client). I
> have tried to share an Epson Stylus Color, and Epson Stylus Color II,
> and an Epson Stylus Pro XL over the network. I installed the print
> driver on the "client" PC and marked the printer as shared on the "print
> server" PC. Nevertheless, when I try to print to the shared Epson, no
> file is ever received by the printer. Is there a trick to configuring
> these that I'm missing?

> Give me an HP JetDirect card, anytime.
> --
> John Hall

> The opinions expressed are those of John Hall, and not necessarily
> those of Dart Properties, Dart Energy, or any of its subsidiaries.

Epson Stylus Color (And Epson Stylus Color II) Shared on a Windows Peer-to-Peer Network

Post by Mike Marqui » Fri, 23 May 1997 04:00:00

The printer is not a network printer, but it can function pretty well as
one. It should be attached to a host computer. All of the Epson drivers
should be on ALL of the computers. The client computer will generate a
"journal" file and send it over the network to a specific directory on
the host computer. The host computer will constantly monitor (as long as
the Epson print spooler is active) this directory for new entries and it
will manage its own print queue. As soon as it finds a journal file it
will attempt to print it. Works great on my home peer-to-peer network.
Might require a little jiggering with the various options in the Epson
print spooler driver.

Mike

> We're running a growing peer-to-peer network (Windows 3.11 for
> Workgroups, Windows 95, and one Windows NT Workstation 4.0 client). I
> have tried to share an Epson Stylus Color, and Epson Stylus Color II,
> and an Epson Stylus Pro XL over the network. I installed the print
> driver on the "client" PC and marked the printer as shared on the "print
> server" PC. Nevertheless, when I try to print to the shared Epson, no
> file is ever received by the printer. Is there a trick to configuring
> these that I'm missing?

> Give me an HP JetDirect card, anytime.
> --
> John Hall

> The opinions expressed are those of John Hall, and not necessarily
> those of Dart Properties, Dart Energy, or any of its subsidiaries.

1. Windows 95 peer-to-peer/Epson Stylus Color II

I recently setup a Win95 network with two PC's and I'm having trouble
getting the PC that is NOT attached to the printer to print.  The
printer in this case is an Epson Stylus Color II.

Would it be possible for someone to check their settings in "Printers"
and the Spool Manager against the following?

HOST PC - Printers Group - 2 printers show up here
      1st one is the local  printer with the hand (sharing)
      2nd one is the network printer with the following settings:
      Print to:    \\Tim\printer     NO capture
      Can't set port;   Print Directly to Printer checked
      Queue setup:    Spool Dir set to C:\TEMP
      Spool to Local - USE PRINT MANAGER
      Remote Despool NOT checked

Workstation PC - Printers Group - 1 printer shows up here
      Properties:  Set as DEFAULT printer
      Print to:    \\Tim\printer
      CAPTURE ON  (LPT1:\\Tim\printer)
      Can't set port;   Print Directly to Printer checked
      Queue setup:    Spool Dir set to C:\TEMP
      Spool to Local - USE PRINT MANAGER
      Remote Despool NOT checked

I am able to get a print to start on the Host PC but only get 3-4
lines before the thing stops.  I think the Local/Remote Spool settings
are the problem but haven't had much luck changing them.  I've tried
playing around with the Remote Despooling but end up killing the
printing all together or lock up the PC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim Tengea

2. FS: Back to School Octane Sale!!

3. Sozobon C and dLibs v1.2 -- RELEASE

4. Cannot print Stylus 800 Color accross peer-peer network, please help!

5. Looking for MSVCP60.DLL

6. Sharing HP 820cxi printer on Win95 peer-to-peer network

7. How to delete files and remove directories ?

8. Printer sharing via Windows peer-peer networking

9. Peer-to-Peer printing in Win95 - sharing Epson Sylus 600.

10. Share a HP 600 on a peer to peer network under WIN 95

11. Who has succesfully shared an Epson 500 on Win95 peer to peer???