Any Ink Refill Manufacturers Offer Guarantees?

Any Ink Refill Manufacturers Offer Guarantees?

Post by r.o. » Tue, 22 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Do any of you lurking ink refill manufacturers offer no-risk guarantees
that your refills will not clog and render useless my new Epson SC 800
printer?

I might be willing to try a purportedly excellent refill if you
guarantee (in writing) that you will replace (I don't trust a non-Epson
repair facility) my Epson 800 if your ink clogs or ruins my printheads.

I am not at all a loyal Epson devotee, but I am not stupid enough to
risk by printer without some bold assurances.

So, all of you ink refill makers that are* aroung this newsgroup:
      Let's see your guarantee and some proof that you'll be there to
honor it.

If you can do it, you may have a following of thousands from this group.

If not, please get off this newsgroup and leave us alone to buy
overpriced original manufacturer ink cartridges.

R.O.

Post by Fred Kee » Tue, 22 Apr 1997 04:00:00

> Do any of you lurking ink refill manufacturers offer no-risk guarantees
> that your refills will not clog and render useless my new Epson SC 800
> printer?

> I might be willing to try a purportedly excellent refill if you
> guarantee (in writing) that you will replace (I don't trust a non-Epson
> repair facility) my Epson 800 if your ink clogs or ruins my printheads.

> I am not at all a loyal Epson devotee, but I am not stupid enough to
> risk by printer without some bold assurances.

> So, all of you ink refill makers that are* aroung this newsgroup:
>       Let's see your guarantee and some proof that you'll be there to
> honor it.

> If you can do it, you may have a following of thousands from this group.

> If not, please get off this newsgroup and leave us alone to buy
> overpriced original manufacturer ink cartridges.

> R.O.

Dear R. O.,

Repeat-O-Type accepts your challange.  Here is our written warranty on
all inkjet refills we sell:

        Repeat-O-Type Manufacturing Corporation warrants its refill ink
products against defects in materials and workmanship for one year from
date of purchase.  In the unlikely event that a Repeat-O-Type refill ink
product does not performsatisfactorily when used as directed,
Repeat-O-Type will replace it at no charge.  If a cartridge is refilled
and will not produce acceptable prints, the ink cartridge may be worn
out or damaged.  Repeat-O-Type makes no warranty on the life of an ink
cartridge of which it is not the manufacturer.

        Furthermore, Repeat-O-Type guarantees that when used as directed, OUR
INK WILL NOT DAMAGE YOUR PRINTER.  If the use of Repeat-O-Type ink is
cited as the cause of damage to a printer, you should request a written
statement from the service company specifying exactly how
Repeat-O-Type's ink was responsible for the damage.  This statement must
be on the service company's letterhead, dated and signed by the
company's representative.  Before authorizing repair, forward the
statement to Repeat-O-Type along with the following: 1) Written estimate
of cost to repair damage caused by use of Repeat-O-Type ink, 2) Store
receipt showing purchase of Repeat-O-Type ink, and 3) Ink cartridge in
which Repeat-O-Type ink was used.  After verification, Repeat-O-Type
will either agree to pay reasonable service or repair charges or will
authorize shipment of printer to a repair facility of Repeat-O-Type's
choice for repair at no charge.
        This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other
rights which vary from state to state.

THIS WARRANTY SHALL BE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES; EXPRESSED,
IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY ARISING
OUT OF THE USE OF, OR AN INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT.

This is why Repeat-O-Type has not rushed a cheap ink for use in Epson's
SC600 and SC800 printers to market.  We are in the process of thoroughly
testing Epson's own inks so that we can closely match their colors and
performance.  Once this is done and our own tests show that our inks
will not damage the Epson's delicate printheads, we intend to ship
samples to members of this newsgroup who have volunteered to do beta
testing for us.  We will not offer these refill inks for sale until all
of these steps have been completed.

Once we are ready for market we look forward to serving the thousands of
subscribers to this newsgroup who are anxious to lower their printing
costs with quality products.

Anyone who wishes to be notified by email when we are ready to market

PRESS.

Sincerely,
--
Fred Keen, President
Repeat-O-Type Mfg. Corp.    665 Route 23     Wayne, NJ 07470 U.S.A.

http://www.veryComputer.com/

Any Ink Refill Manufacturers Offer Guarantees?

Post by InkKi » Sat, 03 May 1997 04:00:00

Definitive Data Solutions will step up to your challenge as well. We
formulate each of our inks for each individual printer so that you are
putting the same quality in your printer that came out. Many other inkers
sell either a generic ink or a permanent ink which has additives in it
that can destroy your printer.  We are testing the 800 ink at this very
moment, it should be ready to go mid to late may, do you want to be a
tester, we will still give you the same quarentee.

let us know 1-888-ink-kits, http://members.aol.com/ddsmain

Any Ink Refill Manufacturers Offer Guarantees?

Post by Mike Bonifa » Tue, 06 May 1997 04:00:00

Inky Fingers offers a money back gaurantee on all inks.

> [...]

>testing Epson's own inks so that we can closely match their colors and
>performance.  Once this is done and our own tests show that our inks
>will not damage the Epson's delicate printheads, we intend to ship
>samples to members of this newsgroup who have volunteered to do beta
>testing for us.  We will not offer these refill inks for sale until all
>of these steps have been completed.
>Once we are ready for market we look forward to serving the thousands of
>subscribers to this newsgroup who are anxious to lower their printing
>costs with quality products.
>Anyone who wishes to be notified by email when we are ready to market

>PRESS.
>Sincerely,
>--
>Fred Keen, President
>Repeat-O-Type Mfg. Corp.    665 Route 23     Wayne, NJ 07470 U.S.A.

Save an inkjet cartridges life; call Inky Fingers for a refill!

http://www.veryComputer.com/~refil/

Post by swhh0.. » Sat, 10 May 1997 04:00:00

--

softNET
Mike I live within 3/4 hour drive of Inky Fingers who reside at Barry/.

Any Ink Refill Manufacturers Offer Guarantees?

Post by Mike Bonifa » Sat, 10 May 1997 04:00:00

Sorry I did not catch your name? (anonymous?)
mike boniface

>--
>softNET
>Mike I live within 3/4 hour drive of Inky Fingers who reside at Barry/.
>I E.Mailed this company twice as I wanted to visit to get info and refills for my Cannon
>Printer.
>Gave them my phone number and promissed an order also that I could put them in touch with a
>digital Imaging photographic group in Cardiff that wou8ld no doupt be of benifit to both
>parties.
>What result did I get NOTHING yes NOTHING I have since made inquirries regarding this
>company and few now anything about it, even those living in Barry.
>If a company can ignore such leads then my advice to you is to tread caerfully with regard
>to inky fingers.

Save an inkjet cartridges life; call Inky Fingers for a refill!

http://www.compulink.co.uk/~refil/

Call +44(0)1446 721042
Fax +44(0)1446 701234