x86 Debugging

Post by David Jon » Tue, 13 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I finally got all of the x86 / Windows NT / TCP-IP stuff working to try
out the x86 debugging.  Compiling the sample code and running the de*
actually starts the program on the IBM side.
HOWEVER... When starting up the de* on the MAC, I get an error:
"unable to resolve program entry point, program will not stop on startup"
(or something like that")

Anyway, the de* won't allow breakpoints to be set and running from
the de* (although it does start the program on the IBM) won't allow
breaking or stepping through the code.  I'm pretty sure that I have all of
the settings right( :-) ).

Has anyone else been successful running the sample apps and actually
stepping through using the remote de*?  ( i tried angle.exe)

Thanks
Dave Jones

Dave Jones            | Swimmin' with Forty-Two thankful fish eating
Lundeen and Associates| dolphins on my Blue-Green planet thinking my
                      | digital watch is pretty neat and wondering

x86 Debugging

Post by Mike Coh » Wed, 14 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>I finally got all of the x86 / Windows NT / TCP-IP stuff working to try
>out the x86 debugging.  Compiling the sample code and running the de*
>actually starts the program on the IBM side.
>HOWEVER... When starting up the de* on the MAC, I get an error:
>"unable to resolve program entry point, program will not stop on startup"
>(or something like that")
>Anyway, the de* won't allow breakpoints to be set and running from
>the de* (although it does start the program on the IBM) won't allow
>breaking or stepping through the code.  I'm pretty sure that I have all of
>the settings right( :-) ).
>Has anyone else been successful running the sample apps and actually
>stepping through using the remote de*?  ( i tried angle.exe)

All of the sample apps have debugging symbols turned off. In the project
window, turn on symbols for all of the files by option-clicking in the "bug"
column.
--

Home Page: ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/is/isis/home.html
PUSH THE BUTTON... SOMEONE

1. x86 Debugging

Hello people,

It's me again, and this time with a 'proper' problem. I want to use
CodeWarrior as my Win32 development environment of choice (having made
extremely heavy use of its MacOS compilers in the past couple of years),
but right now I'm having some severe problems with the CW10 debugger and a
Packard Bell running Win95. To sum it all up in one sentence, there is no
way over a serial link that I can get the debugger to talk to MWREMOTE on
the PC.

MWREMOTE starts up all right on the PC (using MWREMOTE /S4 to run over
COM4), but when I start up the Mac end of things, it says 'Connection
failed', I've made sure that the preferences are set to use the modem port,
which they are. I'm using a fully-wired null modem cable with hardware
handshaking, etc. that works fine for transferring files between terminal
emulators, but as far as the debugger goes I'm having no joy at all.

I've read all the relevant sections of the Targeting Win32 PDF file, as
well as all the release notes I can find, to no avail.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Adam.

--
Adam Lloyd

2. Help with reverse addressing

3. x86 debugging with SoftWindows 95

4. My 3Com Courier has a constant tone when dialing up. Help?

5. CodeWarrior x86 debugging

6. zaurus 5000

7. MacOS->x86 debugging: where are the Runtime Settings??????

8. list of device drivers for FAQ

9. x86 debugging -- entry point not found?

10. Crash with x86 debugging

11. Using CodeWarrior x86 debugging with the PC compatability card?

12. x86 Debugging & PPP + ethernet

13. Remote debugging - Win32-x86 target