Need help with CW 7 Academic Version...

Post by Chris Cockerh » Thu, 01 Feb 1996 04:00:00

AGGGHH,
        I need some serious help in getting started in mac programming
using CW 7. I am at a college that strongly discourages mac use,
therefore I have been brought up only using the PC/UNIX environments. I
don't know the first thing about the program, only that I needed a
starting point and someone suggested it. Any other CW7 Academic users
out there with a little bit of knowledge. It is not the programming
aspect of it, just the installation, maintenance, and execution.

--
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                        Chris*erham

Need help with CW 7 Academic Version...

Post by MW R » Thu, 01 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>AGGGHH,
> I need some serious help in getting started in mac programming
>using CW 7. I am at a college that strongly discourages mac use,
>therefore I have been brought up only using the PC/UNIX environments. I
>don't know the first thing about the program, only that I needed a
>starting point and someone suggested it. Any other CW7 Academic users
>out there with a little bit of knowledge. It is not the programming
>aspect of it, just the installation, maintenance, and execution.

Don't be shy about asking questions here,  or you can even send them in to
me.
 The quick Start book should help you do the installation if you have
problems ( I think there are some instances where the ANSI C/C++ is not
installed) you can go back later and install those.  The installer is slow
but click on the arrows and you can find out what is installed with what
options and how much disk space is needed.

After you get it installed read the quickStart and do the tutorial and you
are on your way.

feel free to ask there are no bone head questions in C :)

Ron

   METROWERKS               Ron Liechty

Post by Valerie Tat » Thu, 01 Feb 1996 04:00:00

> AGGGHH,
>         I need some serious help in getting started in mac programming
> using CW 7.

I don't know if this is what you need, but:
When I first got CW I had alot of trouble figuring out how to do
assignment-type projects on it. Eventually I used the 'Hello World'
program and modified it until I could use it. This way your output
will print to the HW screen, and your code will be where the HW
code was, and all the mac-code-stuff remains unseen and
un-turned-in. Hope this helps.
-valerie

1. Just installed CW Academic...NEED HELP.

All these questions are answered in the CW7 Quick Start guide (the booklet
formerly known as CW6 CD Guide). If this is the first time you've bought
CodeWarrior you received Quick Start as a printed booklet. Quick Start is
also on-line on the CodeWarrior CDs. Remember to install Acrobat Reader on
your computer before taking a look at the on-line version.

I hope this helps,

Marc.

---
Marc Paquette
Technical Writer & Lead Lead Pipe Fitter
Metrowerks Inc.
---
Soup or salad, and disclaimer of your choice

2. question: modem and mouse

3. Code warrior for Palm, Full Version vs Academic Full Version

4. HELP: How to play Bards Tale I from HD or RAM

5. Any have CW academic (Educational version)?

6. File Copy invoking from Excel

7. free old version academic CW?

8. Pinouts for EM-500

9. Academic Version of CW

10. CodeWarrior Academic Help Needed

11. precompiled header version errors... help needed

12. Getting Academic Version Bud U.

13. CodeWarrior 7 Academic version?