What does a Direct-to-SOM compiler do?

Post by Kevin Ashbrid » Mon, 09 Sep 1996 04:00:00

CodeWarrior 10 is supposed to have a Direct-to-SOM compiler for C/C++.
What is it supposed to do? How is it different from writing the current
SOM interface files in IDL? (Side question: Will OpenDoc/ODF projects
need a rework to use it?) I'd be most grateful if someone explain and
illustrate with a few examples.

Confused, as always,
-- Kevin

What does a Direct-to-SOM compiler do?

Post by Octavian Micro Developmen » Tue, 10 Sep 1996 04:00:00

If it is like the VisualAge direct to som, it will take basic C++
class(es) and generate IDL for you.  The concept is you code in
C++ normally, and get SOM object packing for free.

Look at VisualAge or HighC (MetaWare?) for details on existing
dts.

1. Problem porting: MAC -> DOS -> OS/2 DOS

I have written a large C++ application (straight ANSI C++, no API) on the
Mac for a client that prefers to use DOS. I have succesfully ported it
using Windows stationary to DOS under Windows95.

However another client has tried it in the DOS window of OS/2 and it
produces the error message "This program can not run under DOS"

Any ideas? Any experience? Any special libraries needed for DOS under OS/2?

Help much appreciated.

Paul

2. How can I specify which INTERFACE to listen to?

3. CWPro on Win Targeting Mac -- How is it done, is it done well?

4. $$$$ FINANCIAL FREEDOM FOR $5 - EARN $50,000 $$$$

5. Direct-to-SOM?

6. AlphaServer 1000 powers up for 1 second then dies

7. OpenDoc Direct-to-SOM Extension?

8. recycle bin won't empty

9. Direct to SOM compiler?

10. Q: CW Direct to SOM?