How do I use text resource IDs in PP/Constructor?

How do I use text resource IDs in PP/Constructor?

Post by Jon W{t » Sun, 19 Feb 1995 01:02:03

Quote:> I can't find anything that explains how
> to use text based IDs.

You might find texts easier to remember. A text ID is just a
four-character constant like a resource type or file type; if
you use text ID   FOOM   you can then call

        mDisplayWindow->FindPaneByID('FOOM')

Cheers,

                                / h+

--

  Clearly, most humans are not rational beings; they are rationalizing beings.
                     -- Mel Walker

Post by John A. Magdale » Sun, 19 Feb 1995 05:53:32

> > I can't find anything that explains how
> > to use text based IDs.

> You might find texts easier to remember. A text ID is just a
> four-character constant like a resource type or file type; if
> you use text ID   FOOM   you can then call

>         mDisplayWindow->FindPaneByID('FOOM')

   A PaneIDT is just a Int32 (or a 4 byte int).  Since it is a 4 byte int
it can be represented by 4 characters ...

- John

--
John A. Magdaleno

Stanford University
Gel Software Inc.

How do I use text resource IDs in PP/Constructor?

Post by AviR » Sun, 19 Feb 1995 04:47:17

Quote:>  Subject: How do I use text resource IDs in PP/Constructor? From:

Quote:>  Please excuse my ignorance, I'm new to PowerPlant. In the PowerPlant
>  tutorial and Constructor manual, I can't find anything that explains
>  how to use text based IDs. The references I find talk about turning
>  off the text checkbox in Constructor and putting in a numeric ID.
>  How do I use text IDs? Or, is there a reason I shouldn't use text
>  IDs, e.g. what are the pros and cons?

No, I was a little obsessive about saying how to turn off the Text option
because it wasn't obvious.  Sorry if I overdid.

Quote:>  Also, are people using Constructor to do view editing, or something
>  else?

There isn't much else you can do with it, is there?

Avi Rappoport
Metrowerks User Advocate & Documentation Lead

1. Text ID in Constructor?

If I want to use the Text ID to identify a pane, rather than a number,
how do I then find the pane?  FindPaneByID("OhMy"), for instance, doesn't
work.

I searched on text id in both the Constructor and PowerPlant on-line manuals,
but didn't find anything.

TIA,

Mike
--
Michael Rogers

Phone:   309-438-7088/309-438-7388
Office:  309D/414D STV Hall

2. TIS PC-Extender client won't release DUN

3. Constructor renumbering resource IDs behind my back

4. Diamond Viper Settings

5. Anyone done an fba using PP?

6. REQ: The First Level Tune from Doom.

7. doing PP dialogs in non-PP apps

8. Convert iSilo to html?

9. Using TEXT resources...

10. Can't add a file picture in resources using Constructor!

11. Dynamic Resource Creation Using PP

12. Using PP in a code resource (Adobe Plug-in, etc.)

13. Can I Edit ID's in Constructor???