Java "javax.comm" support for Mac?

Post by Mike Fah » Wed, 31 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Are there any MacOS version of the Java 2 communications API available
to deal with serial communication and such from MRJ on a Mac?

Mike

PS: If you don't mind, I'd appreciate a cc of any replies.

Java "javax.comm" support for Mac?

Post by Scott Kovatc » Thu, 01 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Are there any MacOS version of the Java 2 communications API available
> to deal with serial communication and such from MRJ on a Mac?

> Mike

> PS: If you don't mind, I'd appreciate a cc of any replies.

Post your question to the MRJ-Dev mailing list (see lists.apple.com for
how to subscribe).  Patrick Beard has written an implementation of the
communications API, but I don't have details handy on where to get it.
I'm sure someone there can, however.

Scott K.
---------------------
Scott Kovatch
Lead Software Engineer
NetGenics, Inc., Cleveland, OH

"The truth is like sunlight -- people used to think it was good for
you." -- King of the Hill

1. java "Main class" error; what's a "main class"?

I'm using CW pro release 5; Mac OS 8.1

The "Targeting the Java VM" pdf file says that the "cannot find Main
Class" error when building a java applet is due to the Main Class name
being entered incorrectly in the Java Target settings.

My question: (don't laugh)

1. In the "Trivial App", what IS the main class?  Please spell it out
exactly so I can recognize the concept in the future

(I'm trying to learn java by hacking sample apps --this would help me greatly!)

Howard Salmon
Tucson, AZ

2. WANTED: SuperGEN, or similar quality genlock

3. javax.comm package (Java serial ports)?

4. TCP/IP network transport not installed

5. "Universal Headers" changed to "Universal"

6. Investment (performance) question

7. In C++ under Macintosh CW, which is betten between "NewHandle()" and "new" ?

8. How to get my Win98 through Net Neighborhood to access smb at work

9. NeoAccess' "ENeoPartMgr" and it's "commit" method

10. Why do we progrogramming with "TEXT" not with "MOUSE" ?

11. Keywords "not", "and" in CW10 ?

12. "atof" and "sprintf" getting all goofy on me

13. What is different from "inherit from LWindow" and "inherit from LPane"?