Problem with NewByName in conversion Th -> CW Pascal

Problem with NewByName in conversion Th -> CW Pascal

Post by Jos Potarge » Fri, 20 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

I have converted a TCL pascal project to a CodeWarrior Pascal project with
the conversion package (version 1.2) found at Pascal central. Everything
went well, and I quickly had my project compiled and linked.

But when I launch it, I run into an exception when TCL tries to initialize
a dialog from a template. Further examination reveales the problem arises
when he calls "NewByName(className)". It tries to initialize a class by
name.

When I further step into the code I arrive at a function
"GetClassIDFromName" in MethTableUtils.p. Here he tries to look the class
up in a table. But he never does anything, because the table is empty.

So stepping through the initialization routine: InitMethTableUtils, and
indeed, it doesn't build a table. But the thing is, I don't understand what

initialized, and it seems to contain NULL.

So in the later called "OrderClassIdsByName;" routine, it does nothing.

Does anybody know what could be the problem? Does anybody had similar
experiences with this conversion package?

Sorry for the rather cryptic message. But users of the conversion package
will probably understand what I mean.

Sincerely,

Jos Potargent

1. LS Pascal to CW Pascal conversion Problem

All,
 I'm trying to convert a LS pascal project over to CW Pascal, a response
to my earlier post by Philippe Casgrain helped me over the first
hurdles.

Now, I'm having another problem through.  I get

"Error   : cannot find file k
               Printing.p line 41   {$I Dialogs.p}"

When trying to compile the UPI's (specifically Printing.p which calls
Dialogs.p,
I cannot find any reference to a file 'k' anywhere.

ANY help or insight will be very appreciated.

Russell McGaha

2. My First Game

3. CW Pascal TCL Port: NewByName?

4. Session Data Lost During Forms Authentication

5. Case conversion problems using ".o" Pascal lib with CW

6. Light Aircraft

7. Does CW have Pascal to C & C to Pascal string conversion routines

8. looking for mario 2,3 for 8-bit nintendo

9. PPC Pascal number <-> string conversions?

10. Object Pascal NewByName procedure?

11. MW Object Pascal: is NewByName supported?

12. Think Pascal -> CW Pascal

13. THINK Pascal --> CW Pascal?