Standard Components library?

Post by Christopher Barkl » Thu, 03 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I learned C++ on a Unix platform, and I'm working on some stuff here.
I'm also starting on some Mac development after a couple of years
away, and I'm using CW for that.  In order to come up to speed on CW,
I pulled down some pretty vanilla C++ from our Unix box to play with.
Major barf time.  I figured out that CodeWarrior does not seem to have
the nearly universal (in the Unix world) Standard Components library.
All I'm using in this program is String, and I can probably
reimplement that myself if it comes to it, but I was wondering which
of the following is the case:

a) the stuff is in there and I'm too clueless to find it

b) it's not there because of these really great alternatives:

c) it's not there at all for this really good reason:

d) it's just not there.

Anyway, if you folks can help me become more enlightened, I'd
appreciate it.  Thanks!

--
Christopher Barkley                                       The DarkMage

                      PGP Public Key Available

1. components and libraries

I have created some libraries with custom helper routines. I add this
libraries to many of my applications.
Now I want to create a component and I want to use some routines from
this libraries inside the component.
When I include the librarie into the component project and into the
application project that calls the component, I think I include the
routines from the librarie twice.
Can I include the librarie into the component project in a way that the
routines from the librarie in the application that calls the component
will be used?
When I use optimization does the compiler remove unused routines in the
librarie from the application projekt so that the component can't be
sure the routines realy exists in the application?

2. RWNPG process state

3. New Metrowerks Standard Library i/o problem?

4. mdlExternal_startProgram in Powerdraft

5. CWP5 Standard C++ I/O Libraries bug?

6. Caller ID Display Boxes - Best Models/Mfgrs?

7. Standard Template Library

8. Sticky bit reverts on /tmp?

9. Need Help with Standard Library Wierdness

10. Including the Standard Library as a sub-project

11. Standard library bug (?)

12. Why does The C++ Standard Library page 203 example not compile?

13. standard 'c' library that sets errno