Python as extension language in Mac apps

Post by Owen F. Rans » Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:12:50

Python as extension language in Mac apps?

Has anyone done it? I'd like to have a common
extension language on my Win and Mac applications
and Python is ideal...if it can be done on the MAC...?

--
Owen F. Ransen
http://www.ransen.com/

Python as extension language in Mac apps

Post by Jim Witt » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 08:29:47

Quote:>Has anyone done it? I'd like to have a common

  Well, there's MacPython at
http://www.python.org/download/download_mac.html (source included).  I
haven't used Python myself, but heard that it's a nice OO language..

Jim

1. Carbonized embedded perl and/or python and/or some language?

I realize this is a longshot ...

I'm looking to embed an interpreter into a C++ application, preferably
perl.

What options are there for carbonized Mac applications?  I have read
MacPerl has been embedded (with difficulty), but of course this is
just OS 9.  And I know that OS X has perl via its unix side, but
taking advantage of this will not port over to OS 9.

I would actually be happy with perl or python or just about any
reasonably mature language.

If all else fails I guess I'll just write or use a simple lisp
interpreter.

Thanks In Advance,

--Matt

2. Loops or Stars?

3. Another C++ language extension question

4. Multiple DNS's in IAK dialler?

5. Getting bit by C++ language extensions

6. dos drivers for cd-rom 8000AT required please.

7. 'vers' resource and multi-language app

8. IntraNetware DHCP Server

9. An extension to open another app

10. Help: don't want window from extension to switch foreground app

11. Mac Excel 98 add-ins, how?

12. Adobe Plug-ins: CW for the Mac, VC for Windows?

13. Call Apps/Files/URLs from Java Apps Mac/PC