OpenGL extension in a shared library

Post by bytemon.. » Fri, 08 Sep 2000 07:12:58

I'm having some problems linking code in a shared
library consisting of openGL code.

The problem is that I'm trying to implement some
scalibility by checking for certain OpenGL
extentions via the GL_EXTENSIONS string, then
assigning to a function pointer when it is
present. This compiles, links, and runs fine as
an application, but as a shared library it balks
at some of the extensions, not all, giving a link
error for example: "undefined 'glColorTableEXT'
(descriptor)"

I'm exporting the symbols via an .exp file. My
guess is that the library needs a definition of
the funtion which lives in the OpenGLLibrary, but
if I have to rely on definitions in the
OpenGLLibrary, this kind of defeats the purpose
of using the extensions.

This is OS 8-9, CW 5.3 mac, PPC BTW. Any ideas?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Profiling shared library plug-ins?

I am trying to figure out how to profile a PPC shared library plugin
written in C++.  The plug-in is an addon to a commercial product (WebSTAR)
which I do not have source code for.  I have not been able to profile the
plug-in; the resulting ".prof" file is always either empty, or it crashes
the Profiler when I try to open it.

Has anyone had any success profiling shared libraries like this one?  If
so, what's the trick?

Thanks in advance for your help-

Vance
------------
Vance Huntley

Director of Technology & GenesisJive Guy
WebGenesis, Inc.

Check out "The Globe"!  ---  http://www.theglobe.com/
------------

2. HP 3c and Agfa StudioScan II

3. How to call shared library code from an extension?

4. WTB: A3000T or 060/PPC for A3000

5. eyemodule, shared library call another shared library

6. AppleScript text find & replace question

7. problem with exceptions, shared libraries and shared memory

8. Touch tone phone

9. Sharing Data Section and Shared Libraries

10. shared data initialization in shared libraries

11. Shared library vs. library

12. Import shared library from application's library directory

13. Library vs. Share Library