Code Warrior Lite Extension

Post by Terry Chandle » Sun, 20 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Code Warrior Lite loads the extension "MetroNub". A required extension
for the Code Warrior de*. With this extension enabled, "Shut Down"
and "Restart" under the Finder Special menu hang. (The cursor becomes a
clock face.) Also some installers restart will hang if MetroNub is
enabled.

Shut Down and Restart from the power key and Conflict Catcher function
normally.

Is this intended by  MetroWerks?

Will the full version work this way also?

Running MacOS 8.1 on a PowerTowerPro 225.

    Terry Chandler

Post by Isaac C. Wanke » Mon, 21 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> Code Warrior Lite loads the extension "MetroNub". A required extension
> for the Code Warrior de*. With this extension enabled, "Shut Down"
> and "Restart" under the Finder Special menu hang. (The cursor becomes a
> clock face.) Also some installers restart will hang if MetroNub is
> enabled.

The problem is most likely that you have an old version of CodeWarrior
Lite, perhaps one that shipped with a book.  If you download the latest
version from our website you shouldn't have the problem.

Quote:> Is this intended by  MetroWerks?

No.  If you have problems with the newest download as well, then there
might be some other conflicts.  You can try rebooting your Mac with the
Base Mac OS Extension set plus MetroNub to test this.

--
Isaac *erl

Post by MW R » Mon, 21 Jun 1999 04:00:00

>With this extension enabled, "Shut Down"
>and "Restart" under the Finder Special menu hang. (The cursor becomes a
>clock face.) Also some installers restart will hang if MetroNub is
>enabled.

I've never seen this behavior.  However you can't run crash guard with any
de*  do you have that installed?

Quote:>Shut Down and Restart from the power key and Conflict Catcher function
>normally.

I can't say if there is a conflict on your particular system with a full
version but I'll send you a new MetroNub if you wish to try it.   I've
really never seen this before.

Ron

--
InfoWorld  Review - CodeWarrior leaps up to Linux
http://www.veryComputer.com/