Transcender- how helpful?

Post by Ja » Fri, 16 Aug 2002 13:35:39

I've been practicing with Transcender and things are not looking so
good with the practice tests.  I am surprised by this since I use SQL
Server 2000 everyday, and usually have little problems.

I have found that the questions are very subjective rather than very
technical- and I get turned around by this.  Sometimes I think it's
more of a judgement call- like who's permissions should get revoked in
x situation.  Sometimes I think there isn't enough information to make
a decision, or all the answers seem wrong.

For those of you who used Transcender and have already taken the Admin
070-228 test- do you think you did better on the actual test than
Transcender's tests or vice-versa?

thx,
Jan

Transcender- how helpful?

Post by Danut Prisacar » Sat, 17 Aug 2002 01:33:31

I didn't bother to get 80% on the Trancender tests and actually I did not
study too hard for 70-228 and I passed it.

It's true that before that I studied very hard for 70-229 and passed it!

Danut

Quote:> I've been practicing with Transcender and things are not looking so
> good with the practice tests.  I am surprised by this since I use SQL
> Server 2000 everyday, and usually have little problems.

> I have found that the questions are very subjective rather than very
> technical- and I get turned around by this.  Sometimes I think it's
> more of a judgement call- like who's permissions should get revoked in
> x situation.  Sometimes I think there isn't enough information to make
> a decision, or all the answers seem wrong.

> For those of you who used Transcender and have already taken the Admin
> 070-228 test- do you think you did better on the actual test than
> Transcender's tests or vice-versa?

> thx,
> Jan

Transcender- how helpful?

Post by Grog in Ohi » Sat, 17 Aug 2002 02:40:40

I've found Transcender to generally be disappointing on the Windows 2000
MCSE exams, but they really made a believer of me on 70-228 and 70-229.  I
never would have passed 229 without it.  I wish the whole realm of products
were the same quality as these 2.

Grog

Quote:

> For those of you who used Transcender and have already taken the Admin
> 070-228 test- do you think you did better on the actual test than
> Transcender's tests or vice-versa?

> thx,
> Jan

Transcender- how helpful?

Post by jpuh » Sun, 25 Aug 2002 05:04:28

I'm an MCSD and am trying to complete my MCDBA but have been stumped by the
70-228.  I had purchased SelfTestSoftware and was flying through it with
100%.  The actual exam seemed like something from another dimension.  I have
about three years working with Informix and hands-on training with SQL
Server 2000.  Actually, the 70-229 was suppose to be the bad one of the
bunch and it wasn't much a problem at all.

I have since bought Transcender for the 70-228 and figure a combination of
the two should do the trick.

John,
Hoffman Estates, IL

> I've found Transcender to generally be disappointing on the Windows 2000
> MCSE exams, but they really made a believer of me on 70-228 and 70-229.  I
> never would have passed 229 without it.  I wish the whole realm of
products
> were the same quality as these 2.

> Grog

> > For those of you who used Transcender and have already taken the Admin
> > 070-228 test- do you think you did better on the actual test than
> > Transcender's tests or vice-versa?

> > thx,
> > Jan

1. Helpful Info For New Flight Simmers Available...

I have created an eleven page Wordpad text document, especially for
the pilot just getting into flight simulation, and the old timers too.

It was last updated on March 16, 1998.
(Added info on a 3D Video Card help forum site.)
The document contains helpful information on the following
commonly asked questions:

"Where Are Some Helpful Web Sites For Flight Simmers?"
"Where Can I Get Aircraft For MS Flight Simulator"
"World Wide Airport Path Finder Web Site"
"Where Can I Find Help On Learning Navigation?"
"How Do I Install New Panels To FS 98?"
"Some Things That Can Go Wrong With Panel Installation"
"How Do I Host A Multi Player Session Using TCP/IP Protocol?"
"How Do I Join A Multi Player Session Using TCP/IP Protocol?"
"How Can I Link Up With Other FS98 Multi Player Pilots?"
"Where Can I Get Charts & Maps?"
"What Are The Different Types Of Charts & What Are They Used For?"
"Where Can I Find Flight Planners & GPS Instruments For FS 98?"
"What Are Some Of The More Popular Add Ons For FS 98?"
"Where Can I find Help On 3D Video Card Questions & Problems"

If you would like a copy of this document email me at:

I will email you a copy.

----
Mickey W.

E Mail me at

Reach me on ICQ at
ICQ Code = 2328397

2. Switch off SWAPPER.DAT

3. Updated Helpful Sim Info Available...

4. Netscape DNS errors in OS2/WIN

5. Helpful Simming Info Available......

6. help: backgrounds & borders

7. Con$ultant or helpful co-user needed

8. Editing in DataWindow Objects

9. Con$ultant or helpful co-user of Exchange needed