What do you think about iPad/iPad 2 1024x768 res.?

What do you think about iPad/iPad 2 1024x768 res.?

Post by DanishTe » Fri, 25 Mar 2011 01:26:03

Obviously, like everything in this world, it's improvable.

But, do you think it's enough for a tablet of that kind? I mean, I want
to buy it in order to use it a lot to read (newspapers, wikipedia, and
so on), can it be a good solution or is it blurry/pixelate?

Thank you everyone for your opinion!

What do you think about iPad/iPad 2 1024x768 res.?

Post by Jolly Roge » Fri, 25 Mar 2011 02:14:45

Quote:> Obviously, like everything in this world, it's improvable.

> But, do you think it's enough for a tablet of that kind? I mean, I want
> to buy it in order to use it a lot to read (newspapers, wikipedia, and
> so on), can it be a good solution or is it blurry/pixelate?

> Thank you everyone for your opinion!

For me, while the resolution of my iPad isn't nearly as nice as my
iPhone, it's perfectly usable. Things like this are obviously very
subjective. Why not walk yourself into your nearest Apple store and find
out what *you* think about it?

JR

What do you think about iPad/iPad 2 1024x768 res.?

Post by DanishTe » Fri, 25 Mar 2011 02:17:56

Jolly Roger a crit:

Quote:> For me, while the resolution of my iPad isn't nearly as nice as my
> iPhone

But for nice what do you mean? I can accept to see pixels, but not blur
effect, I don't know if I'm explaining myself well...

Quote:> Things like this are obviously very
> subjective. Why not walk yourself into your nearest Apple store and find
> out what *you* think about it?

Because the nearest Apple Store is 500km from my house, and I can buy
the new iPad just via the Online Store :)

Post by Davou » Fri, 25 Mar 2011 02:31:49

> But for nice what do you mean? I can accept to see pixels, but not blur
> effect, I don't know if I'm explaining myself well...

Well enough. I am a fairly prolific reader and I do perhaps half of my
reading on the iPad. I do crossword puzzles on the iPad. I run a number
of astronomy and other technical apps. I see the text and pictures, not
pixels. iPad would not have succeeded if it offered a pixellated
display.

Quote:> Because the nearest Apple Store is 500km from my house, and I can buy
> the new iPad just via the Online Store :)

You'd better order soon; an article in today's New York Times talks
about the possibility of Apple's supply chain being disrupted because
of the tragedy in Japan. Apple stock dropped 7% after the tsunami, but
has since rebounded a bit.

Davoud

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

Post by Gerr » Fri, 25 Mar 2011 02:32:09

Quote:> Obviously, like everything in this world, it's improvable.

> But, do you think it's enough for a tablet of that kind? I mean, I want
> to buy it in order to use it a lot to read (newspapers, wikipedia, and
> so on), can it be a good solution or is it blurry/pixelate?

> Thank you everyone for your opinion!

My sister an avid reader only reads books on her iPad (first generation)
She has difficulty reading in books but has no problem reading on her
iPad.

What do you think about iPad/iPad 2 1024x768 res.?

Post by DanishTe » Fri, 25 Mar 2011 03:37:56

Davoud a crit:

Quote:> Well enough. I am a fairly prolific reader and I do perhaps half of my
> reading on the iPad. I do crossword puzzles on the iPad. I run a number
> of astronomy and other technical apps. I see the text and pictures, not
> pixels. iPad would not have succeeded if it offered a pixellated
> display.
> You'd better order soon

Thank you very much, going to take it then!!

Cannot order till 1am on Friday, here :(

What do you think about iPad/iPad 2 1024x768 res.?

Post by DanishTe » Fri, 25 Mar 2011 03:38:39

Gerry a crit:

Quote:> My sister an avid reader only reads books on her iPad (first generation)
> She has difficulty reading in books but has no problem reading on her
> iPad.

Cool, thx!!

Post by Erila » Fri, 25 Mar 2011 04:30:34

> Obviously, like everything in this world, it's improvable.

> But, do you think it's enough for a tablet of that kind? I mean, I want
> to buy it in order to use it a lot to read (newspapers, wikipedia, and so
> on), can it be a good solution or is it blurry/pixelate?

> Thank you everyone for your opinion!

I read all kinds of things on mine. When the print is too small(sometimes
the case on some news sites) , I just sprrad it a bit with my fingers and
it stays sharp.
--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad

Post by Howard Braze » Fri, 25 Mar 2011 06:48:12

>> Things like this are obviously very
>> subjective. Why not walk yourself into your nearest Apple store and find
>> out what *you* think about it?

>Because the nearest Apple Store is 500km from my house, and I can buy
>the new iPad just via the Online Store :)

It's still subjective.   Do you have any other stores that sell iPads
closer to home?

- James Madison

Post by Jim Glidewel » Fri, 25 Mar 2011 10:15:01

> Davoud a crit:

>> Well enough. I am a fairly prolific reader and I do perhaps half of my
>> reading on the iPad. I do crossword puzzles on the iPad. I run a number
>> of astronomy and other technical apps. I see the text and pictures, not
>> pixels. iPad would not have succeeded if it offered a pixellated
>> display.

>> You'd better order soon

> Thank you very much, going to take it then!!

> Cannot order till 1am on Friday, here :(

If you want it soon, be sure to order by 1:05...

If you really don't like it, I suspect you can probably resell it after a
month or two for at least what you paid for it. (as supplies will be tight
for a while...)

I don't read a lot of books on my iPad (version 1) but I use it a lot for
email, web browsing, Usenet, RSS, and technical manuals. The display is
never a problem, except in full sunlight.

Best computing device I've ever owned...

Post by I Se » Fri, 25 Mar 2011 19:55:37

> Obviously, like everything in this world, it's improvable.

> But, do you think it's enough for a tablet of that kind? I mean, I
> want to buy it in order to use it a lot to read (newspapers,
> wikipedia, and so on), can it be a good solution or is it
> blurry/pixelate?
> Thank you everyone for your opinion!

Having seen a webpage on an iPad1 shortly after it came out, this was a real
concern of mine.

Yes, a bit more res would be good for some pages - but most of the time it's
more than adequate.
All it means is that on the pages concern you just enlarge a little bit and
you're good to go.

TBH, it doesn't really detract from the web experience - and if you're using
it for YouTube or movies, it's perfect.
Don't let it hold you back - because it's not a deal-breaker ... and that
from someone pretty uncompromising on the visual user experience.
There's too much else to love about this device for that to break the deal -
and even if there weren't, it still would be enough of an issue to tip the
decision.

Get it. You won't regret it.

Post by I Se » Fri, 25 Mar 2011 19:59:37

>> Obviously, like everything in this world, it's improvable.

>> But, do you think it's enough for a tablet of that kind? I mean, I
>> want to buy it in order to use it a lot to read (newspapers,
>> wikipedia, and so on), can it be a good solution or is it
>> blurry/pixelate?
>> Thank you everyone for your opinion!

> Having seen a webpage on an iPad1 shortly after it came out, this was
> a real concern of mine.

> Yes, a bit more res would be good for some pages - but most of the
> time it's more than adequate.
> All it means is that on the pages concern

EDIT : - "concerned"

you just enlarge a little

Quote:> bit and you're good to go.

> TBH, it doesn't really detract from the web experience - and if
> you're using it for YouTube or movies, it's perfect.
> Don't let it hold you back - because it's not a deal-breaker ... and
> that from someone pretty uncompromising on the visual user experience.
> There's too much else to love about this device for that to break the
> deal - and even if there weren't, it still would be

EDIT : - "wouldn't be"

enough of an

Quote:> issue to tip the decision.

Post by Carl Hein » Sat, 26 Mar 2011 01:24:18

>Having seen a webpage on an iPad1 shortly after it came out, this was a real
>concern of mine.

In iPad Safari, if I find a page difficult to read because of aging eyes, a
reverse pinch allows me to adjust size until legible.
--
Carl Heinz

(Remove number)

1. iPad 2 owners: buy an iPad 3 or keep your iPad 2?

iPad 2 owners: buy an iPad 3 or keep your iPad 2? How long will you keep
using your iPad 2?

I somehow wished to have an iPad 3 mainly because I really wanted to have
the Ratina display...,but changing the iPad yearly doesn't make
sense...it's too expensive to do this and it's a quality product which can
be used several years or at least as long it's supported by Apple. IT
products are too quick out of date.

What are your thoughts on it?

2. Beginning an Online Multiplayer RPG...

3. ANN: IPAD v0.7.1 (IPAD-Pro derived: Intelligent vector drawing package)

4. Parallel Port Sniffer -- Where?

5. Repairing non-booting Installation

6. Can you develop a WEB site *on* the iPad (not *for* the iPad)?

7. Mixing source and assembly in ARM disassembler output

8. Transfer iPad original to 'new' iPad

9. Google hints at the "slate" to challenge the iPad

10. DVD rips on iPad?

11. Would an iPad make a good Internet radio?

12. Why The iPad Isn't For Me