Can you develop a WEB site *on* the iPad (not *for* the iPad)?

Can you develop a WEB site *on* the iPad (not *for* the iPad)?

Post by Juan I. Cahi » Mon, 06 Dec 2010 22:30:27

Dear friends:

A friend of mine asked me the following question: Can you develop WEB
pages *on* the iPad (not *for* the iPad)?

Of course, the WEB pages created on the iPad will be uploaded to a WEB
server after they are finished, but my friend want to know if he can
use the iPad for developing them.

I am not an expert in this area, so I will be very happy if some of
you can clarify this issue.

Thanks a lot again.

Thanks
Juan I. Cahis
Santiago de Chile (South America)

Can you develop a WEB site *on* the iPad (not *for* the iPad)?

Post by Jolly Roge » Tue, 07 Dec 2010 00:36:24

Quote:> Dear friends:

> A friend of mine asked me the following question: Can you develop WEB
> pages *on* the iPad (not *for* the iPad)?

> Of course, the WEB pages created on the iPad will be uploaded to a WEB
> server after they are finished, but my friend want to know if he can
> use the iPad for developing them.

> I am not an expert in this area, so I will be very happy if some of
> you can clarify this issue.

> Thanks a lot again.

> Thanks
> Juan I. Cahis
> Santiago de Chile (South America)

Well all you really need to "develop a web page" is a text editor. It
would be really cool if that text editor had a lot of the features
available in TextWrangler, but most any text editor will do.

JR

Can you develop a WEB site *on* the iPad (not *for* the iPad)?

Post by Fred » Tue, 07 Dec 2010 04:41:19

Quote:> Well all you really need to "develop a web page" is a text editor. It
> would be really cool if that text editor had a lot of the features
> available in TextWrangler, but most any text editor will do.

You don't even need that.  Search Google for website maker and you'll find
online web stuff in the cloud that only requires you to have a browser with
the most rudimentary capabilities like hobbled Safari.  Many of those you
find won't work on iPad because of no Flash support, but the simplest ones
don't need Flash to work and I suspect hobbled Safari will be sufficient to
use them.

No, I'm not going to search through the massive URL list to find it for
you.....

Post by Jolly Roge » Tue, 07 Dec 2010 06:07:58

> > Well all you really need to "develop a web page" is a text editor. It
> > would be really cool if that text editor had a lot of the features
> > available in TextWrangler, but most any text editor will do.

> You don't even need that.  Search Google for website maker and you'll find
> online web stuff in the cloud that only requires you to have a browser with
> the most rudimentary capabilities like hobbled Safari.  Many of those you
> find won't work on iPad because of no Flash support, but the simplest ones
> don't need Flash to work and I suspect hobbled Safari will be sufficient to
> use them.

> No, I'm not going to search through the massive URL list to find it for
> you.....

True. If you can find a web-based HTML editor, that would suffice as
well.

JR

Can you develop a WEB site *on* the iPad (not *for* the iPad)?

Thanks a lot to all!!!

--
Enviado desde mi iPad, Juan I. Cahis, Santiago de Chile.

1. iPad 2 owners: buy an iPad 3 or keep your iPad 2?

iPad 2 owners: buy an iPad 3 or keep your iPad 2? How long will you keep
using your iPad 2?

I somehow wished to have an iPad 3 mainly because I really wanted to have
the Ratina display...,but changing the iPad yearly doesn't make
sense...it's too expensive to do this and it's a quality product which can
be used several years or at least as long it's supported by Apple. IT
products are too quick out of date.

What are your thoughts on it?

2. macro language enhancement

3. ANN: IPAD v0.7.1 (IPAD-Pro derived: Intelligent vector drawing package)

4. Renaming A SPTS Site

5. cd-rs, rws

6. What do you think about iPad/iPad 2 1024x768 res.?

7. [mysqld <defunct>]

8. Transfer iPad original to 'new' iPad

9. web interface app on iPad

10. How much memory (not storage) does the iPad have?

11. WARNING: THE IPAD DOES NOT COMMUNICATE WITH A PC!!!

12. iPad not recognized