Transfer iPad original to 'new' iPad

Post by Kolnikof » Tue, 27 Mar 2012 00:34:00

Hi Gang,

Anybody point me to a complete noddy step-by-step guide for updating
from original iPad to the iPad (3rd Gen) please.
--

Cheers

Kol
'''
<<who doesn't surf as such,>>
<<but plays in the shallows>>

Post by Kolnikof » Tue, 27 Mar 2012 02:20:56

>> Anybody point me to a complete noddy step-by-step guide for updating
>> from original iPad to the iPad (3rd Gen) please.

> Sync the original iPad to iTunes.
> When you activate the new iPad, restore from backup.

Thanx Michelle, is it as easy as that?

I have music on the original iPad that I no longer want. Have new music
in iTunes, do I just sync that and overwrite existing music?
--

Cheers

Kol
'''
<<who doesn't surf as such,>>
<<but plays in the shallows>>

Post by nospa » Tue, 27 Mar 2012 02:53:28

> >> Anybody point me to a complete noddy step-by-step guide for updating
> >> from original iPad to the iPad (3rd Gen) please.

> > Sync the original iPad to iTunes.
> > When you activate the new iPad, restore from backup.

> Thanx Michelle, is it as easy as that?

it's that easy. some apps might want you to reenter passwords but
that's about it.

Quote:> I have music on the original iPad that I no longer want. Have new music
> in iTunes, do I just sync that and overwrite existing music?

let it do its thing, and when it's done, add/delete music, apps, etc.

Post by Kolnikof » Tue, 27 Mar 2012 03:00:15

>>> Sync the original iPad to iTunes.
>>> When you activate the new iPad, restore from backup.

>> Thanx Michelle, is it as easy as that?

> it's that easy. some apps might want you to reenter passwords but
> that's about it.

>> I have music on the original iPad that I no longer want. Have new music
>> in iTunes, do I just sync that and overwrite existing music?

> let it do its thing, and when it's done, add/delete music, apps, etc.

Many thanx, iPad (3rd gen) due to arrive tomorrow, will do transfer then.
--

Cheers

Kol
'''
<<who doesn't surf as such,>>
<<but plays in the shallows>>

Post by Jan » Tue, 27 Mar 2012 03:19:42

>>> Thanx Michelle, is it as easy as that?

>> it's that easy. some apps might want you to reenter passwords but
>> that's about it.

>>> I have music on the original iPad that I no longer want. Have new music
>>> in iTunes, do I just sync that and overwrite existing music?

>> let it do its thing, and when it's done, add/delete music, apps, etc.

> Many thanx, iPad (3rd gen) due to arrive tomorrow, will do transfer then.

--
If you're going to pass your original iPad down, be sure to reset to
factory (in iTunes) after you transfer all your apps, etc. Enjoy your new

JanG

Transfer iPad original to 'new' iPad

Post by nospa » Tue, 27 Mar 2012 03:28:12

In article

> If you're going to pass your original iPad down, be sure to reset to
> factory (in iTunes) after you transfer all your apps, etc. Enjoy your new
> iPad.

it can also be done on the device itself.

Post by David Emps » Tue, 27 Mar 2012 08:42:04

> --
> If you're going to pass your original iPad down, be sure to reset to
> factory (in iTunes) after you transfer all your apps, etc. Enjoy your new
> iPad.

Jan - please don't put the body of your message below the signature
separator (the "-- " line). It makes your text look like part of the
signature, which standards-compliant newsreaders display in a different
colour and ignore when posting a followup message.

--
David Empson

Transfer iPad original to 'new' iPad

Post by Kolnikof » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 05:20:31

Quote:> Hi Gang,

> Anybody point me to a complete noddy step-by-step guide for updating
> from original iPad to the iPad (3rd Gen) please.

All done, just updating music. Had to re-download (is that a word?) my
books but everything else went fine. Thanx for making it sound so easy -
it was!!!

Had to re-enter router password and passwords for mail accounts.

Nice and painless....
--

Cheers

Kol
'''
<<who doesn't surf as such,>>
<<but plays in the shallows>>

Post by Jan » Wed, 28 Mar 2012 12:20:47

>> --
>> If you're going to pass your original iPad down, be sure to reset to
>> factory (in iTunes) after you transfer all your apps, etc. Enjoy your new
>> iPad.

> Jan - please don't put the body of your message below the signature
> separator (the "-- " line). It makes your text look like part of the
> signature, which standards-compliant newsreaders display in a different
> colour and ignore when posting a followup message.

Sorry. Never sure where to start typing. When I go to reply my cursor is
sitting after my name.

--
JanG

1. iPad 2 owners: buy an iPad 3 or keep your iPad 2?

iPad 2 owners: buy an iPad 3 or keep your iPad 2? How long will you keep
using your iPad 2?

I somehow wished to have an iPad 3 mainly because I really wanted to have
the Ratina display...,but changing the iPad yearly doesn't make
sense...it's too expensive to do this and it's a quality product which can
be used several years or at least as long it's supported by Apple. IT
products are too quick out of date.

What are your thoughts on it?

2. Moving client apps folder

3. A new App Store for iPad-iPhone that it doesn' need to jailbreak the device

4. new hdd

5. Gmail 'All Mail' folder on iPad

6. Ascend vs. the competition

7. How do I tell iPad to 'Forget' ALL WiFi access points

8. The new iPad's name

9. ANN: IPAD v0.7.1 (IPAD-Pro derived: Intelligent vector drawing package)

10. Can you develop a WEB site *on* the iPad (not *for* the iPad)?

11. What do you think about iPad/iPad 2 1024x768 res.?