Invalid value for key 'integrated security'

Invalid value for key 'integrated security'

Post by Scot » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 03:35:11

I am unable to connect to my local SQLServer database.

The error I am getting is:
Invalid value for key 'integrated security'

The conn string i am using is:

string conStr = "Integrated Security=SPPI;" +
"Initial Catalog=travelogia;" +
"Data Source=localhost;";

SqlConnection conn = new SqlConnection(conStr);

Invalid value for key 'integrated security'

Post by Craig Deelsnyder [MVP » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 23:27:26

Try SSPI, instead of SPPI

Quote:> I am unable to connect to my local SQLServer database.

--
Craig Deelsnyder
Microsoft MVP -  ASP/ASP.NET

1. System.Xml.XmlException: ' ', hexadecimal value 0x01 , is an invalid character

Hi,

I get the following exception when accessing a .NET remote
object from ASP.NET client and a WebService.

.NET remote object makes P/Invoke calls to a legacy C dll.
This exception is coming while marshalling content from a
c structure to a c# class.

I have attached the structures and others details.Could you
please help in this error.

Special Attention: Thomos Scheidegger[MVP] NETMaster

Regards
Sanjeeva

System.Xml.XmlException: ' ', hexadecimal value 0x01, is
an invalid character. Line 55, position 31.

Server stack trace:
   at System.Xml.XmlScanner.ScanContent()
   at
System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseBeginTagExpandCharEntities()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
   at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapParser.Par
seXml()
   at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapParser.Run
()
   at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.ObjectReader.D
eserialize(HeaderHandler handler, ISerParser serParser)
   at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.SoapFormatter.
Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler
handler)
   at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.CoreChannel.DeserializeSoa
pResponseMessage(Stream inputStream, IMessage requestMsg,
Header[] h, Boolean bStrictBinding)
   at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SoapClientFormatterSink.De
serializeMessage(IMethodCallMessage mcm, ITransportHeaders
headers, Stream stream)
   at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SoapClientFormatterSink.Sy
ncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessa
ge(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke
(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at ClassLibrary1.Class2.GetCustomerList(String
postcode) in c:\workbench6\as400service\classlibrary1
\class2.cs:line 62
   at WebService1.Service1.CustomerLookup(String postcode)
in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webservice1\service1.asmx.cs:line 91

  interop.txt
4K Download

2. DAGS94 Symposium & School: July 5-10

3. HELP: Serialization error: "' ', hexadec imal value 0x06, is an invalid character

4. porting to VxWorks in Tornado

5. How: Changing the look of the 'Invalid Property Value' warning in a PropertyGrid?

6. Access to generated html-server control

7. XML Schema Validation : Invalid 'id' attribute value

8. 'Invalid character value for cast specification'

9. Integrated Security problem - can't initialize SSPI package

10. 'The format of the file 'devenv.exe' is invalid

11. WebService doesn't work with Integrated Security

12. Integrated Security and ACL's not working with .net application