flame me if you must, but...

Post by Lennie Richardso » Tue, 03 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I'm a rank beginner. Is there an FAW for this group? If so, where is it?

If not:

Where are you folks learning about C#? How do I get a copy? What learning
resources are available? I've seen the documentation in the KB, but what
else is available to me?

I wanna know...

LR

flame me if you must, but...

Post by Manohar Kamath [MVP » Tue, 03 Oct 2000 04:00:00

You can get daily updates on .NET resources by visiting .netWire at
www.dotnetwire.com too. Also, watchout for .net101.

--
Manohar Kamath
Microsoft MVP - ASP

Quote:> I'm a rank beginner. Is there an FAW for this group? If so, where is it?

> If not:

> Where are you folks learning about C#? How do I get a copy? What learning
> resources are available? I've seen the documentation in the KB, but what
> else is available to me?

> I wanna know...

> LR

1. Medicare Is Gone, No Ifs ,Ands Or Buts.

Paul,

I'm sympathetic to your verdict here.

But what I would like is a reminder, purely for my own edification, about
the argument behind your view.  Essentially, you argue: Congressman Horn
gives Medicare a "D"; therefore Medicare is gone.  Of course, you've left
out a bunch of steps in the argument.

It's not like I have never seen this sort of argument before; I've made
such arguments myself.  It's just that, after all of my own research, I
still do not conclude immediately, as you do, that the fact that Medicare
is really far behind in its Y2K work, that it will thus necessarily fail --
that not only will the computer systems that run it not work, but also that
all the contingency plans that may be in place will also fail.  It does
seem plausible to me that both the systems and the contingency plans will
fail, in both Medicare and in many other systems.  But of course it doesn't
just seem *plausible* to you -- it appears to strike you as a certainty.
And where I see certainty and a reasonable-seeming man, I expect a really
good argument or two.

So unless you are tired of explaining your position (and I can't imagine
that you are), could you please explain what the argument is behind your
view that Medicare will, (almost?) certainly, fail given Horn's report on
its progress so far.

BTW I am not asking this in order to argue about it with anyone.  I am
asking it, as I said, simply for my own edification.  I'm not even asking
it in order to decide whether or not I should prepare, because I've already
decided that.

Thank you,

------------
Larry Sanger         |  Sanger's Review of Y2K News Reports
2279-1/2 N. High St. |  intelligent daily Y2K news summaries
Columbus, OH  43201  |  http://www.cruxnet.com/~sanger/y2k/

2. help with HP200lx comport assignments

3. Idea for IFS addition (Was:How versitile are IFS's?)

4. Unable to decrypt files and directories

5. RAMFS64.IFS vs. RAMFS.IFS

6. XSL Query Syntax Issues

7. IFS <--> IFS, possible?

8. Can a fuzzy model be made from an incomplete set of variables?

9. Is IBM going to create a UHPFS.IFS and/or UHPFS386.IFS for NT 4.0?

10. 040 Musts?

11. Flames From Microsoft vs Flames from IBM

12. To Flame or not to Flame.

13. Flaming flaming