JUnit

Post by Vladimir Kirichenk » Tue, 02 Jul 2002 00:48:10

Hi,

Actually these are the questions to mr Beck or mr Gamma if they have a
little time.

1. Can anyone explain to me why swingui throws exception

===
java.lang.LinkageError: Class org/xml/sax/InputSource violates loader
constraints
===

but textui does not. (jdk1.3.1)

And how org.xml.sax.helpers.DefaultHandler cannot be found by ClassLoader
under j2sdk1.4.0b92. (I wrote to excluded.properties org.xml entry).

This makes me crazy. I'm ready to start searching Black Magic Manual in
the net...

--
With Best Regards,
Vladimir Kirichenko

JUnit

Post by Keith Ra » Tue, 02 Jul 2002 01:08:00

In article

ua>,

Quote:> Hi,

> Actually these are the questions to mr Beck or mr Gamma if they have a
> little time.

> 1. Can anyone explain to me why swingui throws exception

> ===
> java.lang.LinkageError: Class org/xml/sax/InputSource violates loader
> constraints
> ===

> but textui does not. (jdk1.3.1)

> And how org.xml.sax.helpers.DefaultHandler cannot be found by ClassLoader
> under j2sdk1.4.0b92. (I wrote to excluded.properties org.xml entry).

> This makes me crazy. I'm ready to start searching Black Magic Manual in
> the net...

The SwingUI uses its own class loader. I think you can specify a
command-line option to turn off its class loader, or modify a text file
to include org.xml.sax.* as one of heirarchies not to use the SwingUI
class loader on.

The JUnit mailing list answers this question frequently. See
<http://www.junit.org> for more info.
--
C. Keith Ray

JUnit

Post by A » Fri, 05 Jul 2002 03:48:35

Try a -noloading switch, i.e.:

java junit.swingui.TestRunner -noloading myclass

HTH.

AJ (a.k.a ((!Mr. Beck) && (!Mr. Gamma)))

> Hi,

> Actually these are the questions to mr Beck or mr Gamma if they have a
> little time.

> 1. Can anyone explain to me why swingui throws exception

> ===
> java.lang.LinkageError: Class org/xml/sax/InputSource violates loader
> constraints
> ===

> but textui does not. (jdk1.3.1)

> And how org.xml.sax.helpers.DefaultHandler cannot be found by ClassLoader
> under j2sdk1.4.0b92. (I wrote to excluded.properties org.xml entry).

> This makes me crazy. I'm ready to start searching Black Magic Manual in
> the net...

1. JUnit and Cactus: Could not invoke the suite() method

I have been happily using JUnit for some time with VisualAge for Java 3.5. I
recently built a test case using the Cactus extension (formerly J2EEUnit). When
I run it using the swingui, I get the message "Could not invoke the suite()
method".

I have a suite method:
public static Test suite() {
return new TestSuite(TestSuiteForIsUserInRole.class);

where TestSuiteForIsUserInRole is the name of my test suite that extends
Cactus's ServletTestCase (instead of JUnit's TestCase).

Any ideas why I am getting this message?

Thanks in advance,
John

2. WTB: Sanyo GVR-S955 manual

3. JUnit + Ant + lazy developers

4. Sending Keystroke

5. JUnit Framework description

6. Lost the Task Bar Icons

7. Test cases organization (JUnit, Ant...)

8. ZIP 100 Parallel

9. JUnit: Generic interface testing

10. TestingUnits (JUnit,CppUnit ...)

11. Can't get build to fail with junit, ant, and cruisecontrol

12. Measure time for each single test in JUnit

13. Code generation of JUnit test cases