xp minifaq

Post by Keith Ra » Sun, 02 Sep 2001 22:13:38

The Extreme Programming (XP) methodology is a set of principles and
practices for developing software. It has been described as a
"high-discipline, low-overhead" methodology. XP has developers
programming in pairs, writing tests to verify all code, and continuously
refactoring code to improve the design. To quote Kent Beck: "XP is a
starting line. It asks the question, 'How little can we do and still
build great software?'"

comp.software.extreme-programming is a newsgroup for discussing this
methodology.

XP FAQ: <http://www.jera.com/techinfo/xpfaq.html>

XP Books:

"Extreme Programming Explained: Embrace Change" by Kent Beck;
ISBN 0-201-61641-6

"Planning Extreme Programming" by Kent Beck, Martin Fowler;
ISBN 0-201-71091-9

"Extreme Programming Installed" by Ron Jeffries, Chet Hendrickson, and
Ann Anderson; ISBN 0-201-70842-6

"Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code" by Martin Fowler;
ISBN 0-201-48567-2

"Extreme Programming Examined" by Giancarlo Succi and Michele Marchesi;
ISBN 0-201-71040-4

"Extreme Programming Explored" by William C. Wake. ISBN 0-201-73397-8

"Extreme Programming in Practice" by James W. Newkirk and Robert C.
Martin; ISBN: 0-201-70937-6

Web sites:

Extreme Programming: A Gentle Introduction
<http://www.extremeprogramming.org/>

XP magazine:
<http://www.xprogramming.com/xpmag/index.htm>

XP Test Frameworks:
<http://www.xprogramming.com/software.htm>

Junit test framework for java:
<http://www.junit.org/>

Wiki Pages on XP:
<http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ExtremeProgrammingRoadmap>

XP Universe Papers
<http://www.xpuniverse.com/xpuPapers.htm>

xp minifaq

Post by Andrew Wal » Sat, 08 Sep 2001 23:45:33

Keith,
Can I copy this FAQ into a document I am writing for work?
I would like people to read some of the information out there.
Well, I can hope.

--
Andrew

Quote:> The Extreme Programming (XP) methodology is a set of principles and
> practices for developing software. It has been described as a
> "high-discipline, low-overhead" methodology. XP has developers
> programming in pairs, writing tests to verify all code, and continuously
> refactoring code to improve the design. To quote Kent Beck: "XP is a
> starting line. It asks the question, 'How little can we do and still
> build great software?'"

> comp.software.extreme-programming is a newsgroup for discussing this
> methodology.

<snip>

xp minifaq

Post by Keith Ra » Sun, 09 Sep 2001 11:03:08

> Keith,
> Can I copy this FAQ into a document I am writing for work?
> I would like people to read some of the information out there.
> Well, I can hope.

> --
> Andrew

> > The Extreme Programming (XP) methodology is a set of principles and
> > practices for developing software. It has been described as a
> > "high-discipline, low-overhead" methodology. XP has developers
> > programming in pairs, writing tests to verify all code, and continuously
> > refactoring code to improve the design. To quote Kent Beck: "XP is a
> > starting line. It asks the question, 'How little can we do and still
> > build great software?'"

> > comp.software.extreme-programming is a newsgroup for discussing this
> > methodology.

> <snip>

no problemo