Web Development, Java, preferably Oracle - Mumbai - Gr8 Salary - Urgent

Web Development, Java, preferably Oracle - Mumbai - Gr8 Salary - Urgent

Post by Aashish Dabr » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:05:18

Hello All,

There is a job vacancy in a good firm in Mumbai.

The Candidate needs to fulfill the following requirements -

1. 1-2 years of web development experience
2. Knowledge of Java programming
3. Sufficient knowledge of Database (preferably Oracle)
4. Linux experience
5. Education preference - BE (Computer)

The Job is in Mumbai, in a good firm with excellent salary.

Upto 250,000 per annum for the right candidate.

If you fulfill these requirements or know some body who does then
immediately send me a reply at your earliest at

Thanks!!

Aashish Dabral
e-biz Concept (India) Ltd.
302 Kashiparekh Complex
Opp. City Center, Off C. G. Road
Navrangpura, Ahmedabad 380 009 INDIA

Phone :(079)644 0783, 644 5404, 644 9454, 644 6778
Fax   :(079)656 6648

Website :www.e-bizconcepts.com

Web Development, Java, preferably Oracle - Mumbai - Gr8 Salary - Urgent

Post by Kelly Morriso » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 15:17:17

Quote:> The Job is in Mumbai, in a good firm with excellent salary.
> Upto 250,000 per annum for the right candidate.

Let's see: you've got a problem (you need to hire someone). Let's solve your
problem using XP (eXtreme Programming). We'll assume that your email is our
user story. The job market right now is really tight, so I feel pretty
confident that we can have this problem done in one week, which leaves you
with two more weeks of work you can assign me in this three week iteration.
Are you okay with that? Good. Okay, one of the first things you need to know
when hiring someone is what salary you're prepared to pay them. As always in
XP, let's start by writing a test:

   assertEquals("salary we're prepared to offer", 250000, getSalary());

Try to run the test. Wow, it doesn't run. We need to stub out the
getSalary() method:

   int getSalary() { return 250000; }

Ok, now it runs and the test passes. But wait: this is an international
marketplace, so we need to consider the type of currency. Let's modify our
test:

   assertEquals("salary we're prepared to offer in US dollars", 250000,
getSalary("dollars"));

Hmmmm... we've got a problem. We know what units we *want* the salary to be
in (dollars), but what will the internal representation be: euros, pounds,
wooden nickels? We're not certain what units the customer meant. So, we need
to consult our customer. "Hey Customer, that 250,000 salary you mentioned?
Was that in euros, shekels, gold pressed latinum, or what?"

As you may have guessed by now, this is a newsgroup devoted to the
discussion of extreme programming. It is not a job posting board. But if
you're intrigued by this reply, please start reading the posts on this board
and you may discover a great process for writing software...

   ------> kell

---