Cumana Disk Controller

Post by Peter M » Fri, 10 May 2002 08:37:00

Hi,
Does anybody have any details of the Cumana Disk Controller, repair info,
etc for the Oric?.

Regards
Peter Ward.

Cumana Disk Controller

Post by Steve Marshal » Sat, 11 May 2002 03:42:18

| Does anybody have any details of the Cumana Disk
Controller, repair info,
| etc for the Oric?.

I'm trying to sort something out with Steve Hopps just now.
(He builds them).

Do you have a specific probelm ?

Steve M

Cumana Disk Controller

Post by Peter M » Sun, 12 May 2002 23:22:30

Hi Steve

I have one but it is in bits, I just need to get the connections sorted
really.

Pete.

> | Does anybody have any details of the Cumana Disk
> Controller, repair info,
> | etc for the Oric?.

> I'm trying to sort something out with Steve Hopps just now.
> (He builds them).

> Do you have a specific probelm ?

> Steve M

1. Reference on disk/disk controller technology wanted.

I am looking for a thorough reference which explains modern disk and disk
controller technology and especially the differences between SCSI, SMD, IPI,
etc.  I am not so interested in the electronics of reading and writing
(although that would be nice) but rather in the protocols:  Where and how is the
mapping from logical block to physical block to (head, track, sector) address
done?  Where and how is error detection and correction done?  Where and how
are bad blocks handled?  Etc.  And, of course, some information about speed
and capacity would be of interest.

If this cannot all be found in one place, I would be glad to hear about
references which provide parts of this information - but I do want
thorough references not pop articles written for the lay public.

Thanks.  Mark
--
Mark Benard

Tulane University                  USENET:   rex!mb
New Orleans, LA 70118

2. OpalVision on e-bay

3. CDC 9772 disk drives w Emulex sc7003 disk controller on VAX 8600

4. installing windows upgrade

5. Cumana Interface diagram

6. Soap requests

7. Trying to get Cumana to boot

8. Cumana Interface

9. Drive attaching to Cumana interface

10. Cumana Interface

11. OS 4.2 Installation with CDROM and disk on different SCSI-Controllers

12. NeXT 660 Meg Maxtor XT-8760S Hard Disk Controller Board