moving axes labels

Post by Fred Nasto » Tue, 13 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I have generated a 3d maple plot and the axes labels are in
the worst possible place :) Is there any way to tell Maple
where to put them?

moving axes labels

Post by Robert Isra » Wed, 14 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>I have generated a 3d maple plot and the axes labels are in
>the worst possible place :) Is there any way to tell Maple
>where to put them?

If it's in the "normal" axis style, you can use empty strings
for the axis labels (labels = ["","",""]) and use textplot3d to
put the actual labels where you want them.  In "box" or "frame"
style, there's no way to do it AFAIK.

Department of Mathematics        http://www.math.ubc.ca/~israel
University of British Columbia
Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z2

moving axes labels

Post by danny.. » Wed, 14 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>In "box" or "frame"
>style, there's no way to do it AFAIK.

Then you might try archives.math.utk.edu, and look into Dr. Meredith's
"Explore" (XPL, at least)  ...used to be called Calculus Calculator.
Has many great features including 3D graphs with the feature you want.

Dan.

1. How to move axis labels on shade_surf?

I want the y-axis label (tick values and ytitle) to be on the right
side of teh surface plot instead of the left. I know I can move the
z-axis by setting that keyword. How do I move the y-axis?
I tried using ystyle=4 to suppress the axis and then use the axis
command but that doesn't work because when I run axis it thinks it is a
2-d plot. if I add /t3d I get an "AXIS: Illegal 3D transformation"
error.
Anyone know how to do this? Feel free to respond to the newsgroup or
via email.
       Thanks,
               -Andy

----------------------------------
Andrew Nicholas
CPI onsite at Naval Research Lab
Code : 7640
(202) 767-9452 voice
(202) 404-8090 fax

-----------------------------------

2. Sony EIDE CDU-55E? & w/ my config?

3. axis label fontsize vs. tick label size

4. Morrow BBS Online

5. Histogram axis labels and COUNTIF function

6. Best Resume Font?

7. Changing axis-label positions in Excel?

8. Networking Kit

9. Need Help labelling chart axis

10. Excel 95: Extremely simple axis label formatting problem: what am I overlooking?

11. Labels on horizontal axis in Excel 5.0 graphs

12. Vertical X-Axis labels in Lotus 123 Charts

13. Excel 5....Chart axis labels