MIB Support for Access routers, no support for SYSLOG-MIB

MIB Support for Access routers, no support for SYSLOG-MIB

Post by alatto » Sat, 20 Jul 2002 15:50:04

Hello,

sitting here and wondering that against all definitions  in the Cisco
MIB Specification, not all the MIB are supported by the access devices
in reality.

Especially the Cisco SYSLOG-MIB is not supported by almost all access
devices. The Specification promises:

The below MIBs are supported by IOS version 10.2 and later.

See e.g. for 7000 Series:
ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/supportlists/c7000/c7000-supportlist.html

We have on almost all routers IOS-Version 12.2(6) running and I expect
that the MIB are supported according to OR LATER.
But, it seems that only the MIBs of 10.2 are supported (e.g. on the
7000 Series).  Especially I will use the Cisco Syslog Mib on different
routers. But, this seems to be possible only on 2600 & 3600 Series (so
my tests on the routers).

Does anyone knows what is wrong here?, or is that always good luck
what MIBs are supported?

Hopefully anyone has a hint for me.

Thanks in advance
Andreas

MIB Support for Access routers, no support for SYSLOG-MIB

Post by Aaron Leona » Sun, 21 Jul 2002 02:27:03

Andreas,

The MIB support information at http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/MIBS/servlet/index
should be complete and correct.  This indicates that, for 12.2(7),
for IP basic featuresets, CISCO-SYSLOG-MIB is supported on the
1600, 1700, 2600, 3600, 5300, and the "regen" (whatever that is.)

Regards,

Aaron

---

~ Hello,
~
[...]

1. Is there a MIB that supports translate on Cisco routers/access servers?

Is there a Cisco MIB that supports the translate commands on Cisco
routers and access servers

In particular, we have a 4700 with connections to x.25 providers. Our
clients connect to the router and a x.25<>ppp translate session starts
and configures ppp connection to our client. I have multiple translate
configs , one or more for each client.
I need to be able to see current translate info via snmp. Like
the current number of users per translate session. Peak number of
users, etc.

Thanks

Lee Goodman
Lee Goodman
Information Access Center

2. Utility to convert True Type from PC to Mac

3. Does a cisco 1605 support the cisco-ipsec-mib??

4. Visiting Faculty Position Available

5. help on MIB support and mandatory OIDs needed

6. Macintosh meetings on Bitnet RELAY

7. Why doesn't Cisco boxes support IP-FORWARD-MIB?

8. UNIX Systems Administrator, Sys Admin, Louisville, KY

9. GSR12000/Cisco 7500 support SONET MIB? RFC1595

10. Cat2900 Mib-II Support ??

11. MIB table for 4500-M and 2503 with ISDN support

12. frame-relay snmp mib needed (does cisco support it?)

13. FDDI MIB support?