VPDN and Calling-Station-Id

Post by gpa.. » Fri, 09 Feb 2001 06:08:01

Hi,
I have a VPDN (L2TP between Cisco NASes managed by an operator and my
Cisco Tunnel Server) in a "dial-in" configuration (users dial into the
NASes and are tunneled to my Tunnel Server).
My Tunnel Server makes all of the AAA :
- ppp authentication via Radius
- network authorization via Radius
- network accounting (start-stop and update) via Radius

My current trouble is that accounting Radius packets sent by my Tunnel
Server don't include the Calling-Station-Id Radius field (n31). My
operator couldn't help...

Is there a way to have the NASes inform my Tunnel Server of the
caller's phone number (my operator confirmed the NASes know it), and my
Tunnel Server use it in its Accounting Radius packets ?

Thanks,

Gian-Paolo Zanini
NetWork Admin

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

VPDN and Calling-Station-Id

Post by Jarkko Saloran » Tue, 27 Feb 2001 07:41:45

>Hi,
>I have a VPDN (L2TP between Cisco NASes managed by an operator and my
>Cisco Tunnel Server) in a "dial-in" configuration (users dial into the
>NASes and are tunneled to my Tunnel Server).
>My Tunnel Server makes all of the AAA :
>- ppp authentication via Radius
>- network authorization via Radius
>- network accounting (start-stop and update) via Radius

>My current trouble is that accounting Radius packets sent by my Tunnel
>Server don't include the Calling-Station-Id Radius field (n31). My
>operator couldn't help...

>Is there a way to have the NASes inform my Tunnel Server of the
>caller's phone number

L2TP protocol has fields for Calling and Called station IDs.
These are sent from LAC to LNS when setting up L2TP session.

At least Bay 5399 NASes send these by default to LNS with the L2TP sessions.
And Cisco as LNS sends it with Radius authentication and accounting
packets to Radius server.

So you should make sure that the NASes send this information with
L2TP sessions.

Quote:>(my operator confirmed the NASes know it), and my

--
Jarkko Saloranta

1. Missing Calling-Station-Id in Access-Request

Hi all

  we rae using cisco uBR 7246, as our PPPoE
concentrator and NAS , we are running IOS (tm) 7200
Software (UBR7200-IK8S-M), Version 12.2(11)BC3, EARLY
DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)  on this uBR ,

   we are presently using the Radius Authentication
for all the PPPoE dialin Users , but when i see in the
debug mode by enabling "debug radius", debug aaa
authentication" & "debug aaa accounting" i cant see
cisco uBR sending "Calling-Station-Id" attribute to
the radius , which i think sould contain value of the
customer's MAC Address if i am correct ?? pls correct
me if i am wrong here ?

   now i check out every option on the Ubr to enable
this i even tried these following commands

aaa group server radius accountgroup
 server 20.17.92.2 auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646
 server 20.17.92.1 auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646
 authorization accept default ( added this command)
!
then
radius-server attribute list default

and also added "calling-station-ID" attribute under
attribute list (Default the one created by above
command)

than also i cant see cisco uBR our NAS sending the
Calling-Station-ID to the radius server ,

i even tried doing this

my-cmts02(config)#radius-server attribute ?
  11        Filter-Id attribute configuration
  188       Num-In-Multilink attribute configuration
  218       Address-Pool attribute
  32        NAS-Identifier attribute
  4         NAS IP address attribute
  44        Acct-Session-Id attribute
  6         Service-Type attribute
  69        Tunnel-Password attribute
  8         Framed IP address attribute
  list      List of Attribute Types
  nas-port  NAS-Port attribute configuration

but as u see there isnt any thing mentioned for
"calling-station-ID" (31)  so i was not able to enable
it ,

  so if any one knows anything about this then kindly
let me know what i am missing here ? what should i do
to enable it so that it starts sending
calling-station-ID attribute?

regards
Prashant

2. Heroic-Fantasy Midi Files

3. Cisco 3640 ( IOS 11.3) Can not send out Calling-Station-Id ?

4. Slow Samba

5. Calling-Station-Id Reject in ICRADIUS

6. Faculty Position

7. Calling-Station-Id Reject in ICRADIUS - ?

8. More than 254 users on an ethernet

9. VPDN & Calling Line ID

10. Ratio of Station-to-Station to Billable Call Volume?

11. tracking station-to-station calls on Option 11e

12. Caller ID and Called ID in a diverted/forward call...