Cisco Aironet Cards in conflict

Post by N Serv » Sun, 19 Jan 2003 02:17:30

I have a system setup and running connected to my Wireless Backbone.
If I ghost the machine to another and change IP address computername
etc. The machines will only work one at a time if the second is
brought up it kicks the first one out.

Any Thoughts would be appreciated.

p.s. I am not ghosting over the wireless so that is not an issue

Post by Frankl » Sun, 19 Jan 2003 05:06:37

> I have a system setup and running connected to my Wireless Backbone.
> If I ghost the machine to another and change IP address computername
> etc. The machines will only work one at a time if the second is
> brought up it kicks the first one out.

This doesn't make any sense. Are you sure they have different IP addresses?
Is it DHCP? What does the wireless Access Point have in its logs?

1. Cisco Aironet 340 PCMCIA resource conflict

 On my Toshiba Tecra 8100 running Windows 2000 Professional, I get the
following message in Event Viewer every time I insert the Aironet card:
"\DEVICE\{565F71DA-5980-4BB3-9916-AAE912D89BE3} : The I/O base address
supplied does not match the jumpers on the adapter. "

The card seems to be working though I get occasional DNS problems, which may
or may not be related.

I have tried two different cards, both with the same result.

I have changed both IRQ and I/O settings to manual, and have tried at least
ten different settings, but still get the same message.

I have changed the IRQ and I/O settings to values that work fine with a 3COM
network card inserted as an alternative; the 3COM does not produce the
message, the CISCO does.

The message occurred with the software as shipped. I have upgraded to
firmware 4.23, boot 1.5, NDIS 6.64, and still get the message.

I have reviewed the Toshiba tech support site but there does not appear to
be any known relevant problem.

Anybody any ideas?

2. Palm Desktop 4.0 for Mac - Outlook Express

3. cisco aironet 350 cards and any incompatibility

4. TCP/IP Settings not staying in the GUI.

5. Backing up Cisco Aironet wireless card firmware

6. Web Form's in e-mail????

7. Aironet 350 and non-cisco cards

8. PCMServce = NoGo

9. Cisco Aironet MC4800 to 340 PC Card Problem

10. the LM in Cisco Aironet wireless cards

11. Changing MAC address on Cisco Aironet 350 PCMCIA card

12. Cisco Aironet PCMCIA wireless 340 cards

13. Cisco Aironet 352 PCMCIA card connector question