Fidelia Helix - new affordable Network & Server Management software

Fidelia Helix - new affordable Network & Server Management software

Post by Fidelia News Postin » Fri, 21 Nov 2003 06:05:50

Fidelia Helix is a new network and server monitoring software that is
priced for small to mid-size network and server environments, and runs
on Linux, Solaris and Windows.

   http://www.fidelia.com/helix

Fidelia Helix offers real-time status, as well as long term historical
trend analysis. It also offers a clear migration path to Fidelia's
massively scalable NetVigil product as the organization grows.

Downloadable from http://www.fidelia.com/helix/support/downloads/

----

Fidelia Helix - new affordable Network & Server Management software

Post by Dave Hin » Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:11:37

Quote:> (Name Deleted) is a new network and server monitoring software that is
> priced for small to mid-size network and server environments, and runs
> on Linux, Solaris and Windows.

Ah, just like BigBrother which is free for most uses.  Or Nagios which is
free for all uses.

Quote:>    http://www.(deleted).com

> (deleted) offers real-time status, as well as long term historical
> trend analysis.

Lots of good tools out there, many of them free.  Why would anyone, then,
want to buy one from a spammer?

Fidelia Helix - new affordable Network & Server Management software

Post by Gwalar » Fri, 21 Nov 2003 22:09:33

It's not a spam ...

But it is a commercial add.

And the most funny things is that you can't the price of the product.

If you can't put the price of your product on your site it is probably
because you're too expensive.

Let's go install Nagios ... it's not cheap, it's free ;)
But it will cost you a lot of time to understand how it work ;(

Post by Dave Hin » Fri, 21 Nov 2003 23:31:58

> It's not a spam ...
> But it is a commercial add.

Your definition of spam seems...odd...

Quote:> Let's go install Nagios ... it's not cheap, it's free ;)
> But it will cost you a lot of time to understand how it work ;(

Actually, not.  I was surprised that it's even easier to configure and
get meaningful, useful information from than BigBrother, which was my
previous benchmark of "Hey, this is up and running almost immediately"
in regards to this sort of a tool.

In our case, we're using BigBrother for external monitoring (ping, http,
website page load times, that sort of thing), and Nagios for internal
monitoring (disk volume fullness, switchgear health, all the things inside
the firewall).  This is probably more due to who set up which side and
the tool they started with, but they seem to be well-suited for their
purposes.  (We also use 'cacti' to do graphic trending analysis; it's a
trending tool, not a monitoring tool).  All 3 of these work in concert,
and of course can more than adequately replace commercial products.

...especially commercial products whose promotors spam discussion groups...

1. Announcing release of Fidelia's NetVigil Management Platform (NMS)

Fidelia has released a highly distributed, fault tolerant NMS platform
for real-time status and performance reporting. It monitors end-to-end
SERVICE delivery across networks, servers and applications, and gives
instant correlation between service performance and the underlying
components.

More information is available at http://www.fidelia.com

Technical overview is available at
   http://www.fidelia.com/products/technical_overview.phtml

      -vikas

2. NEC 3FGe out of alignment

3. .NET and SAS

4. New Network Facilities Management Software from LANVISTA

5. AutoCAD Mailing List

6. GBU hardware FAQ

7. IPconnect: Affordable E-MAIL/Internet Server Software for LANs

8. Network & PC Management software

9. Network solutions for the SME & SOHO - New & 2nd user network equipment..

10. FS: NETSCAPE Internet/Intranet Server Software - Netscape SuiteSpot New & Boxed..