Connecting Two routers back to back from aux to console and conso le to aux port

Connecting Two routers back to back from aux to console and conso le to aux port

Post by Sreeram Bandakav » Sun, 11 Jul 1999 04:00:00

hi all
I am trying to connect two routers via the AUX to COM port

        If possible what cable and end type

I have 2500, 2600, 3600, 4500, and 7500 series.  I just would like to know
the cable type and any pertinent information: configurations under the line
aux or line con to make this thing work.  Thanks in advance

Sreeram Prakash Bandakavi
 Data Networking Group
 Lucent Tech. Int'l. Inc. SA
 Riyadh, K.S.A.
 *: +966-1-2397000 x 6085

Connecting Two routers back to back from aux to console and conso le to aux port

Post by Josh Duffe » Thu, 15 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Use a rollover cable between the two routers.

On the router with the aux port do this:

line aux 0
 no exec
 transport input all
 escape-character BREAK

If there is anything else take it out.

Josh

>hi all
>I am trying to connect two routers via the AUX to COM port

> If possible what cable and end type

>I have 2500, 2600, 3600, 4500, and 7500 series.  I just would like to know
>the cable type and any pertinent information: configurations under the line
>aux or line con to make this thing work.  Thanks in advance

>Sreeram Prakash Bandakavi
> Data Networking Group
> Lucent Tech. Int'l. Inc. SA
> Riyadh, K.S.A.
> *: +966-1-2397000 x 6085

1. Can I connect two routers directly through aux ports (AUX to AUX) ?

Hi,
I wonder, if this is possible...?

I'm connected with a customer with a leased line using two multiplexers
(QUAD) with only asynchronous interfaces.
There is one available port on each MUX. I'd like to use this physical
connection
to interconnect ours LANs. On our side we have a 7000 and on the customer
side we are using a 2503. Is it possible to interconnect this routers with
their async interfaces?
Their AUX ports?

Thanks for your help.

2. What's wrong ?

3. connecting routers back-to-back through AUX ports using rollover cable

4. lineMonitorDigits with Win98 and Win2000

5. OSPF over back to back aux ports

6. HP 4020i - SCSI -17 and -18 errors during audio extraction

7. Back-to-back on AUX port

8. Apple 2/GIF converter needed ASAP!

9. Two two routers back-to-back useing serial ports

10. Connect to console port of PIX via AUX port on router

11. encapsulation failed when add 'dialer inband' (aux back to back)

12. Cable for AUX back-to-back

13. aux back to back