new to cisco, 1004 isdn question

Post by Joe Tanse » Thu, 16 Sep 1999 04:00:00

You're router is still ignoring it's config via the o/r register.

Change it back to 0x2102, or whatever the default is in the 1000 series.

-Joe

Quote:> i'm very new to cisco, just bought an old 1004 router running 10.3(9)
from

Post by Steven Hoelsche » Fri, 17 Sep 1999 04:00:00

i'm very new to cisco, just bought an old 1004 router running 10.3(9)  from
an auction.  took about an hour to finally get rid of the password, but now
when it boots it always starts in setup mode even though i have configured
and saved the configuration. it also has the word <boot> next to the name of
the router. eg.. router<boot> >  can anyone shed some light on what is going
on?  thank you, steven

new to cisco, 1004 isdn question

Post by Steven Hoelsche » Fri, 17 Sep 1999 04:00:00

by using show version, my configuration register is back to 0x2102, i had to
use confreg 0x41 to get rid of the password but it had been changed back to
its original state.

>You're router is still ignoring it's config via the o/r register.

>Change it back to 0x2102, or whatever the default is in the 1000 series.

>-Joe

>> i'm very new to cisco, just bought an old 1004 router running 10.3(9)
>from
>> an auction.  took about an hour to finally get rid of the password, but
>now
>> when it boots it always starts in setup mode even though i have
configured
>> and saved the configuration. it also has the word <boot> next to the name
>of
>> the router. eg.. router<boot> >  can anyone shed some light on what is
>going
>> on?  thank you, steven

1. Cisco 1004 vs. CiscoPro 1004

I would appreciate if anybody answers my question:

Can an IP/IPX feature set (IOS 11.1)for CiscoPro 1004 work on
Cisco 1004 router, or there are hardware or firmware differences
between these two products that could prevent that.

Thank you.

Artak Melkonian

2. IRIX Emulation?

3. FS: Cisco 1004 Router NEW $500

4. Adaptec Direct CD

5. FS: NEW CISCO 1004

6. Large Format Output

7. 1004 - 1004 connection issues

8. Binding simultaneously to multiple protocols in IM driver

9. PCMCIA flash problem on Cisco 1004 ISDN router

10. Need Help to connect Cisco 1004 to 3620 with ISDN BRI-to-BRI

11. Cisco 1004, Multilink PPP, and second ISDN Channel

12. Cisco 1004 ISDN for NT dialin