1. WS-G5482 (1000BaseT GBIC) problem
I've got a Catalyst 3548XL with a WS-G5482 1000BaseT GBIC installed,
and I'm trying to connect it to a server running Windows 2000 with an
Intel 3996-T 10/100/1000 NIC. I can successfully connect the NIC to
one of the 10/100 ports on the switch but when I switch to the GBIC I
get nothing, not even a connection light on either the switch or the
show interface give me the following:
GigabitEthernet0/1 is down, line protocol is down
Hardware is Gigabit Ethernet, address is 0004.c13d.9731 (bia
MTU 1500 bytes, BW 0 Kbit, DLY 0 usec,
reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not set
Keepalive not set
Auto-duplex , link type is autonegotiation, media type is T
output flow-control is off, input flow-control is off
The "media type is T" seems to at least indicate that the GBIC is
I'm using the latest drivers from 3Com and have a very recent version
of IOS on the switch (not sure of the exact version, but it's a new
I'm a Cisco novice so it's quite likely I've missed something obvious.
If anyone has thoughts on what the problem might be or how to
diagnose it I'd be very grateful if you could post them. Thanks!
2. DRIVE SPACE WARNING
3. gigastack v. 1000baseT gbics
4. UAE for BeOS (X86)?
5. Are GBIC's Hot Pluggable into a 3524XL switch?
6. Beta 2.0 hangs up my pc
7. 1000 Base-T GBIC doesn't work on Cisco 3524XL
8. W2K & System Commander 2000
9. FS : Cisco Catalyst 3524XL Enterprise edition w/GBIC (Gigabit Interface Connector)
10. FS:Brand New Catalyst 3524XL-EN + GBIC
11. Gbit 1000BaseT (WS-G5483) is autosensing 10/100/1000BaseT
12. GBIC: Does GBIC-LX/LH == WS-G5486 ??
13. Extreme Networks GBIC's vs. Finisar GBIC's.