VPN - anyone having good luck with PIX and private link card?

VPN - anyone having good luck with PIX and private link card?

Post by Preben Soeber » Wed, 23 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I think Cisco dropped Ravlin because they didn't fix bugs timely.
We have used Private Link with PL2 card for years without ANY problem.
Consider using IPSec on PIX ver. 5.0.3 or better 5.1, then you don't need the PL2 card
(depending on your demands for throughput)

Preben

  Blaine,

  We use Compatible Systems' (www.compatible.com) IntraPort VPN system. It works great, has free client software for Macs, Windows, Solaris and Linux and also supports LAN to LAN tunnels. It is also the highest performance VPN system available (they have 4 models ranging in price and performance). The previous Cisco VPN products were pretty lame IMHO.

  If you want to use Cisco stuff then that's OK too because they just bought Compatible Systems.

  Bill Vlahos
  Jet Propulsion Laboratory