Netscape Mail Server can't receive mail when sit behind PIX Firewall...

Netscape Mail Server can't receive mail when sit behind PIX Firewall...

Post by t.. » Sat, 13 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi everybody...

Recently, I faced a problems that when the Netscape Mail server in
NT4.0  inside PIX firewall, it can't send or receive mail e-mail.
If I moved the mail server out from the PIX firewall, it can send and
receive e-mail...

Here are some problems that I need some guildlines from you...

a) If I used nslookup for IP it returned me a correct domain name
(bernasent.bernas.com.my), if I nslookup domain name , then it can't
returned me a IP address?? Any clues...

b) Inside my NT dns server,  should I change the IP address to private
IP rather than legal IP address if I moved the mail server to sit
behind firewall???

c) The funny things is if I put the "mailhost" and "conduit"  command
in the PIX firewall, the mailserver can't ping to internet..
If I remove the "mailhost", the mail server can ping to internet...
SO funny?? Any guildlines??

PLS HELP!!!!

thank you

Zhuge Liang

Netscape Mail Server can't receive mail when sit behind PIX Firewall...

Post by Frank Drewe » Tue, 16 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I used this config for a news server we have behind our PIX
This allows news feeds inbound to internal address 111.111.111.111, with a
internic address of 222.222.222.22 and allows access inbound to 192.48.96.0
(255.255.255.0) and 198.6.0.0 (255.255.255.0) which are our provider's nntp
servers. It works fine.

static 111.111.111.111  222.222.222.222
conduit 111.111.111.111 119 tcp 192.48.96.0 255.255.255.0
conduit 111.111.111.111 119 tcp 198.6.0.0 255.255.255.0

>Hi everybody...

>Recently, I faced a problems that when the Netscape Mail server in
>NT4.0  inside PIX firewall, it can't send or receive mail e-mail.
>If I moved the mail server out from the PIX firewall, it can send and
>receive e-mail...

>Here are some problems that I need some guildlines from you...

>a) If I used nslookup for IP it returned me a correct domain name
>(bernasent.bernas.com.my), if I nslookup domain name , then it can't
>returned me a IP address?? Any clues...

>b) Inside my NT dns server,  should I change the IP address to private
>IP rather than legal IP address if I moved the mail server to sit
>behind firewall???

>c) The funny things is if I put the "mailhost" and "conduit"  command
>in the PIX firewall, the mailserver can't ping to internet..
>If I remove the "mailhost", the mail server can ping to internet...
>SO funny?? Any guildlines??

>PLS HELP!!!!

>thank you

>Zhuge Liang

1. Can't receive pop3 mail with Outlook 2000 behind linksys router

Hi: I'm not able to receive mail behind a linksys router connected to
a dsl modem using sympatico high speed. It seems I can receive mail
but just not send it. Linksys was no help. I've noticed others have
this problem. In fact a friend of mind has the same problem and I've
noticed plenty of people on lists complaining. Does anyone have a
solution to this? I'm using win98 original on two different machines.
I've been able to send and receive on this yahoo mail account in
outlook 2000 using an aol dial up connection no troubles. I appreciate
it if you've got something useful to say. Thanx.
Steven

2. iterators versus pointers

3. Security of web/mail server behind firewall

4. Too much with Snort

5. Hosting mail server behind outside ip on pix 506

6. MSP430 Pascal Cross Compiler

7. Mail Server behind PIX

8. A GUARANTEED MONEY MAKER!!

9. Multiple mail servers behind PIX

10. Mail server behind PIX

11. Mail client reaches mail server, mail does not

12. Wingate proxy client cannot browse Receive mail in Outlook express but can send mail.