Cisco Router / SNA / Frontendprocessor / RJE

Cisco Router / SNA / Frontendprocessor / RJE

Post by D. Scherbart » Sat, 10 Apr 2004 05:32:14

Hello together,
currently we are connecting a RFE-station to our host-system (IBM-mainframe)
with a modem-link (synchron)
to a channel-attached frontendprocessor (IBM 3745):

Host --> channel --> IBM3745 --> Modem-link --> RJE-station

We must replace the frontendprocessor (much too expensive !) with a Cisco
Router connection. Our pre-plannings
look like this:

Host --> Tokenring --> C26xx --> Modem-link --> RJE-station

The tokenring is currently installed an DSLW is up and running.

Our problem is, that we aren't familar with this kind of connection and
we're looking for documentation, which
describes Router and corresponding SNA-configs.

Does anybody know use- helpful links ?!

Thank you for reading

Regards
   Dirk from Hamburg (.DE)

Cisco Router / SNA / Frontendprocessor / RJE

Post by Francois Labrequ » Sat, 10 Apr 2004 10:34:45

Program ended abnormally on 08/04/2004 16:32, Due to a catastrophic D.
Scherbarth error:

Quote:> Hello together,
> currently we are connecting a RFE-station to our host-system (IBM-mainframe)
> with a modem-link (synchron)
> to a channel-attached frontendprocessor (IBM 3745):

> Host --> channel --> IBM3745 --> Modem-link --> RJE-station

> We must replace the frontendprocessor (much too expensive !) with a Cisco
> Router connection. Our pre-plannings
> look like this:

> Host --> Tokenring --> C26xx --> Modem-link --> RJE-station

> The tokenring is currently installed an DSLW is up and running.

> Our problem is, that we aren't familar with this kind of connection and
> we're looking for documentation, which
> describes Router and corresponding SNA-configs.

> Does anybody know use- helpful links ?!

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121cg...

This is from the 12.1 IOS docs, but it should not be very different for other
releases.

--
Francois Labreque | The surest sign of the existence of extra-
     flabreque     | terrestrial intelligence is that they never

   videotron.ca    |                             - Calvin

1. SNA between a IBM and cisco router

Is it possible to run SNA from a IBM router to a cisco router?  Does DLSW
work in this configuration?

If it is possible to run DLSW between a IBM router and a cisco router are
there any things that I should be aware of that are different then when
running DLSW in an all cisco environment?

--Vincent

2. Polymorphism and function overloading

3. Cisco routers in SNA environment ?

4. imap BETA error SunOS

5. looking for a good SNA networking book (using Cisco routers)

6. BRAKES & THROTTLE DON'T ALWAYS OPERATE ON LANDING????

7. Cisco Routers and SNA?

8. Maintaining open database connections with ADO.NET

9. SNA over Cisco Routers

10. SNA and CISCO Routers

11. Accessing SNA Gateway through CISCO Routers

12. Looking for RJE software/hardware

13. SNA session counts for various router models ?