aux-to-aux setup

Post by Andy Lo » Tue, 08 Jan 2002 02:00:34

Hi,

I am trying to setup backup link using modems on the AUX ports of both
routers.

Does anyone know the physical cross-cable connection between modems?

Regards,

Andy

aux-to-aux setup

Post by zzzxx » Tue, 08 Jan 2002 02:45:47

I think you have to have a voice card to switch the calls

Quote:> Hi,

> I am trying to setup backup link using modems on the AUX ports of both
> routers.

> Does anyone know the physical cross-cable connection between modems?

> Regards,

> Andy

aux-to-aux setup

Post by A » Tue, 08 Jan 2002 13:57:01

Hi,

If your routers have an AUX port then you need Rolled RJ-45--RJ-45
cable with adapter marked "MODEM" (part number CAB-25AS-MMOD).

regards
AP

> Hi,

> I am trying to setup backup link using modems on the AUX ports of both
> routers.

> Does anyone know the physical cross-cable connection between modems?

> Regards,

> Andy

1. Can I connect two routers directly through aux ports (AUX to AUX) ?

Hi,
I wonder, if this is possible...?

I'm connected with a customer with a leased line using two multiplexers
(QUAD) with only asynchronous interfaces.
There is one available port on each MUX. I'd like to use this physical
connection
to interconnect ours LANs. On our side we have a 7000 and on the customer
side we are using a 2503. Is it possible to interconnect this routers with
their async interfaces?
Their AUX ports?

Thanks for your help.

2. Is there easy method for applying FP via CD? :(

3. aux-to-aux 4500-to-4500

4. info anomaly under W98

5. aux-to-aux cable pin out

6. Optimization bug in 5.2 <string>

7. White papers released on BGP driven DDR & DDR from AUX to AUX

8. Returned mail: unknown mailer error 1

9. Connecting Two routers back to back from aux to console and conso le to aux port

10. aux to aux dial up but spoofing?

11. aux to aux connection?

12. Aux to Aux

13. two routers AUX to AUX