blocking incomming calls

Post by pete » Tue, 24 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

i've got a question:
Does anyone knows how to block an BRI port so that it cannot receive any
incomming calls.
I've got a  1603 router which is connected to an NT1 isdn box and which is
used for internet callout.
The same NT1 is used for incomming calls for an acces server.
The calls never come to my access server because the 1603 wants to answer
them.
How can i block the bri port so it does not auto answers incomming calls?

thanks.

peter

blocking incomming calls

Post by m.pla » Wed, 25 Oct 2000 04:00:00

use the isdn caller "000" command on the bri interface and use a unknown
number.

Quote:> Hi,

> i've got a question:
> Does anyone knows how to block an BRI port so that it cannot receive any
> incomming calls.
> I've got a  1603 router which is connected to an NT1 isdn box and which is
> used for internet callout.
> The same NT1 is used for incomming calls for an acces server.
> The calls never come to my access server because the 1603 wants to answer
> them.
> How can i block the bri port so it does not auto answers incomming calls?

> thanks.

> peter

blocking incomming calls

Post by pete » Wed, 25 Oct 2000 04:00:00

i tried this. It did not resolve my problem. I also tried to put a fake
spid1 and spid2 on my bri interface.

> use the isdn caller "000" command on the bri interface and use a unknown
> number.

> > Hi,

> > i've got a question:
> > Does anyone knows how to block an BRI port so that it cannot receive any
> > incomming calls.
> > I've got a  1603 router which is connected to an NT1 isdn box and which
is
> > used for internet callout.
> > The same NT1 is used for incomming calls for an acces server.
> > The calls never come to my access server because the 1603 wants to
answer
> > them.
> > How can i block the bri port so it does not auto answers incomming
calls?

> > thanks.

> > peter

blocking incomming calls

Post by Josh Duffe » Thu, 26 Oct 2000 14:45:51

What version of code are you running?  Can you get that along with debug
isdn q931 and config when it fails.

Josh

>i tried this. It did not resolve my problem. I also tried to put a fake
>spid1 and spid2 on my bri interface.

>> use the isdn caller "000" command on the bri interface and use a unknown
>> number.

>> > Hi,

>> > i've got a question:
>> > Does anyone knows how to block an BRI port so that it cannot receive
any
>> > incomming calls.
>> > I've got a  1603 router which is connected to an NT1 isdn box and which
>is
>> > used for internet callout.
>> > The same NT1 is used for incomming calls for an acces server.
>> > The calls never come to my access server because the 1603 wants to
>answer
>> > them.
>> > How can i block the bri port so it does not auto answers incomming
>calls?

>> > thanks.

>> > peter

1. Block incomming LD calls

    I'm sure you can't do this, but I thought I would ask anyhow.  I have a
customer who has a courtesy phone that is a DID number, and they are
unwilling to convert it at this time.  They have a problem with people
calling in collect to this number, and obviously they don't like that.  Is
there any way to block incoming LD calls, while still allowing local calls
from the M1 point of view?  Like I said, I can't see it, but thought I would
ask.

BK

2. Commercial PGP for HP-UX 10.X

3. Blocking Call Returns (Call Block Should work For Anonymous Calls)

4. Quick REX review and question on syncing under DOS (on an HPLX)

5. Per Call Blocking Equals Line Blocking

6. Color values for Epson Stylus 720???

7. Buying one!!!

8. Connect incomming call to right dialer

9. 760 & incomming calls

10. Router will not accept incomming calls.

11. Looking for an snmp module to detect incomming phone calls