ONS 15454 Questions

Post by CHANGE USERNAME TO weste » Mon, 08 Mar 2004 05:45:49

I need to test a device that uses VT 1.5 concatenation on a Cisco ONS 15454.
Do all of the OC-12 tributary cards, starting from hardware release 1,
support concatenation?   I know with Nortel's OPTera products, only certain
flavors of the OC-12 supports STS-12C.

Another question I had was whether there is any reason to prefer the "Any
Slot" version of the OC-48 line card if you do not foresee any need for
OC-192 in the future.    We received a quote for a 15454 that included the A
version of the OC-48 line cards, and that of course requires you to get the
more expensive 10G cross connects.   I don't see any reason for that.

In general, I hope we can get by with the TCC+ cross connect and any older
version of the OC-12 and OC-48.    What is the minimum software release that
would support concatenation on the OC-12 tributaries?

--
Will
westes AT earthbroadcast.com