Frame Relay & Bandwidth on demand

Post by Martin Walsh » Wed, 24 Jun 1998 04:00:00

If I have a 7204 with a Frame Relay link and an E1 link on one side,
and a 7010 with a 4 spare ISDN-2 ports, is it possible to use say 4 of
the B channels on the E! link to connect to the ISDN-2 ports on the
7010 as a top up to the Frame Relay Link ?

I hope this makes sense

Thanks
Martin

1. ISDN Bandwidth on demand to augment Frame-Relay

Hi all,
Has anybody any experience or comments on using ISDN to provide extra
bandwidth during peak utilization times for a 5 site frame relay network?

The scenario would have a host and 4-5 remote sites each with a 56k Frame
Relay access and ISDN BRIs. Due to the time zone difference the 56k is
sufficient for 80-90+% of the day.  My objective is to be able to burst to
much higher rates for short periods.

If the remotes are all sending at moderate speed to the host(say 30% load),
the bandwidth used at the remote would be moderate and not trigger the
threshold dial out but the 56k pipe at the host could be choked. Assuming
that I set the host router threshold to dial on inbound (and outbound
traffic) where would the router dial? How would it know which remote needs
the extra bandwidth? (assume that I have a PRI or several BRI interfaces on
the host router)

Thanks.

2. vim 5.3 HTML converter wish

3. frame relay and bandwidth on demand

4. Critical update snafu

5. Cisco Router, Frame Relay, & Bandwidth

6. Urgent reset sequence for BJC-40000 p.c.b.

7. frame-relay interface-dlci vs frame-relay local-dlci

8. FS: BRAND NEW SEAGATE CHEETAH 18gb - ST318203LW - $850

9. One Way Frame Relay Traffic+Frame Relay Switching

10. A question on dynamic bandwidth allocation vs bandwidth on demand

11. Frame Relay - Dynamic Bandwidth