VWIC-2MFT-E1-DI and G.703

Post by Marcel » Wed, 29 Aug 2001 01:52:15

Hi,

    I have a Cisco 3640 router with a NM-HDV and VWIC-2MFT-E1-DI, interface
that was used for a VoIP link that is no longer used.
    I would like to use this hardware to connect a WAN data link that came
to me with a G.703 interface but I'm having troble to configure.
       I'm setting using this:

    channel-group e1 timeslots 1-31

    I use the IOS 12.1(5)T7

    Is there any document that can halp me, since I don't have the interface
manuals?

- Marcelo

1. vwic-2mft-e1-di as data interface

Hi!

For reasons that are unimportant now, we got this expansion module for
our 3600 router. We're not planning to use voice interfaces. I just
like to ask you guys if this could be used as a regular serial
interface.

Based on what I rad at CCO, the answer is yes. Nevertheless, I wished
to be sure before I call the telco to switch some V35 for G.704
interfaces.

BTW, since there are 2 interfaces in the card, is there a way to
connect one to the other, so we could do some lab first?

Regards,

Roberto

2. Oracle ODBC connection and VB4

3. Is VWIC 2MFT E1 able to do G.703 64 kbps co-directional?

4. PCMCIA Cards

5. needed VWIC-2MFT-E1 or VWIC-1MFT-E1

6. Drivespace

7. cisco E1 G.703 vs Ascend E1 G.703