Cisco Softphone Vlan Versus Preexisting Hardphone Voice Vlan

Cisco Softphone Vlan Versus Preexisting Hardphone Voice Vlan

Post by Tennisma » Sat, 24 Sep 2005 20:43:07

Hi,
I already have Cisco IP Hard phones working within a VOICE VLAN
together with the CallManager, and the PCs in a DATA VLAN.
Now I need to install Softphones on PCs; and since these PCs are in the
Data Vlan subnet, my question is How do my Cisco Softphones get the
dialtone from the CallManager which is in a separate Voice Vlan subnet?

Your response will be appreciated.
Thanks
-Tennisman

Cisco Softphone Vlan Versus Preexisting Hardphone Voice Vlan

Post by Anthra » Sat, 24 Sep 2005 23:57:26

Quote:> Hi,
> I already have Cisco IP Hard phones working within a VOICE VLAN
> together with the CallManager, and the PCs in a DATA VLAN.
> Now I need to install Softphones on PCs; and since these PCs are in the
> Data Vlan subnet, my question is How do my Cisco Softphones get the
> dialtone from the CallManager which is in a separate Voice Vlan subnet?

> Your response will be appreciated.
> Thanks
> -Tennisman

Once the ip phone gets off hook it sends that event to CCM after that
CCM responds to that event with dial tone state.

--
2nd Law of Thermodynamics: Chaos will Reign.
///////////////////

                http://www.usenet.com

1. VLAN Trunking Cisco Cat 5500 switch (multiple vlans per port) help please

I have what I thought was a simple trunking setup to setup, but am
ahving difficulties getting it right.

I have a service deliverd to me on a Cisco 2924 switch
2 ports active
vlan trunking turned on
Port 1 has 10 vlans on it numbered 230-239
Port 2 has 10 vlans on it numbered 240-249

Right now I have 2 cisco 7513's receiving this data (one for each
port)

What I'd like to do is replace the 2 7513's with one 7206VXR box.
(only using 1 Fast ether on the 7206)(data will fit the 100meg port)

So I thought about running the 2 ports from the cisco 2924 into one of
my Cat 5500 switches (that does support dot1q) combining the vlans
onto one port and running that port to my cisco 7206.

First I'm assuming this is possible?

I'm assuming I could enable trunking on the 3 cat 5000 ports I need to
use.
Take the first port and run it to my 7206
and the next 2 port and run them to the cat 2924
Then I assume I could specify what vlans would be active on each port.
aka: port 1 would have all 20 vlans on it. (nothing else)
       and port 2 would have vlans 230-239
       and port 3 would have vlans 240-249

I think I have the ports setup properly
but don't know how to assign the multiple vlans to each port
(and make sure it excludes all other vlans from these ports as well)

Any/all help/pointers greatly appreciated.

2. Inconsistancy rounding floating point

3. ON CISCO Vlans, ManageWise consolidates several vlan's mac address

4. VMS 6.0 & Username Swap Program

5. CISCO 3524/3548 VLAN-DHCP CONFIGURATION (1 DHCP SERVER PER VLAN)

6. Perfect Pitfall 2 cart

7. Q: ATA versus IP phone versus Softphone

8. Interest in FM contracting opps - home based

9. VLAN / 802.1p and IP Softphones

10. VLAN port with internet access can access only one vlan?

11. VLAN trunking - is the native VLAN ansolutely needed?

12. Vlan problems, ip connectivity failing on certain vlans

13. 650x + multiple VLANs + l2trace on non-mgmt VLAN