SNMP Memory Used oid

Post by Chris Panayi » Fri, 05 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi!

What is the SNMP oid to use for getting the amount of memory a Cisco
4700 has used?

Thanks

Chris

SNMP Memory Used oid

Post by Thomas Dzubi » Fri, 05 Dec 1997 04:00:00

 > Hi!
 >
 > What is the SNMP oid to use for getting the amount of memory a Cisco
 > 4700 has used?

I use enterprises.9.2.1.8.0 to get the amount of free processor memory
If your SNMP software doesn't understand "enterprises", try:
   1.3.6.1.4.9.2.1.8.0

Note: I just tried this on a router running IOS 10.3 and it worked
(I checked it against a SHOW MEMORY command)
...I think things may have changed with IOS 11.1

You should probably check Cisco's FTP site...the file:
   ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v1/OLD-CISCO-MEMORY-MIB.my
is a good starting point

Thomas Dzubin
Network Analyst
Calgary, Saskatoon, and Vancouver  CANADA

SNMP Memory Used oid

Post by Thomas Dzubi » Fri, 05 Dec 1997 04:00:00

 > What is the SNMP oid to use for getting the amount of memory a Cisco
 > 4700 has used?

Oops...I gave you the wrong filename for the Cisco memory MIB in
my last message...you'll have to dig a bit because I don't have
a newer IOS-versioned router handy right now so I can do an
SNMPGET...

Try:
   ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v1/CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB-V1SMI.my

It looks like the MIB root is enterprises.cisco.ciscoMgmt...
  (aka 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9...)

Thomas Dzubin
Network Analyst
Vancouver, Calgary, and Saskatoon  CANADA

1. SNMP variables (OIDs) for physical memory size and shared memory size

Hi all,

I want to write a small script to get via snmp the
complete hw-infos of a cisco router like
- memory size
- shared memory size
- flash size
- ios version
- rom version
- interface types
- etc.

In the appr. cisco mibs on ftp.cisco.com/usr/pub/mibs
I couldn't find the snmp variables for
- ram size
- shared memory size.

Does anyone know the snmp OIDs or snmp variables for
"ram size" and "shared memory" size?

Thanks in advance.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen - Yours sincerely

Siegbert Kleiner
NCB Network Consulting Bazzanella GmbH
Benzstrasse 32, 71083 Herrenberg, Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 70 32 / 94 88 31
Fax: + 49 (0) 70 32 / 94 88 99

2. Celtic font needed

3. SNMP OID for memory utilization on CISCO AS5350

4. FS: serial port interface

5. What is OID to reload a cisco using a snmp set?

6. Restoring network connections

7. Q: Suitable approach for terrain modelling (+ MS/J malfunction)

8. problems with net-snmp's SNMP OID and perl

9. Monitor CPU and Memory Using SNMP

10. System information (memory usage, swap, etc.) using SNMP in IRIX?

11. Retieving memory data using SNMP

12. Total memory and used memory on Cisco 2501 router?