SNMP MIB info for packet/octet counts per ATM PVC

SNMP MIB info for packet/octet counts per ATM PVC

Post by Gary Erba » Sat, 15 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I am trying to track down whether or not I can monitor a number of
PVCs on an ATM link so that I can tell the packet and octet counts
on a per PVC basis. Does anyone know if this is possible and with
which IOS release? Also if it is possible where can I get the
MIB info to compile.

P.O. Box 3511, Station C                 Phone:     (613) 763-5634
Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA K1Y-4H7          FAX:       (613) 765-3091

1. : Does SNMP output octet count include dropped packets?

This is best answered by someone who can poke their nose into the code
(something I haven't done in a while).  As I recall, the octet counter was not
incremented until the packet was successfully transmitted.  A dropped packet
was not included in the count.  That is my recollection; have someone at cisco
verify.

This is an easy thing to test as well.  Set a test router into process
switching mode, drop the queue length 1 or 2 packets and send a blast of fixed
length packets to be switched.  You will see the router drop the packets and
whether or not the byte count increases.

==========
bep

2. Indigo^2 Hard Disk

3. Does SNMP output octet count include dropped packets?

4. ucd-snmp: Traphandles don't seem to be working

5. ATM PVC info via SNMP

6. Terminate

7. SNMP MIB for ATM VC info on MC3810

8. What does the response "CARRIER xxxxxx" mean?

9. SNMP MIB if-in-octet, how this comes out ?

10. SNMP variable for *IP* octets and not Layer#2 octets

11. No luck setting an Octet string in a MIB - specifically the Q-btridge MIB.

12. ATM PVC Rates in Cells per second...