Voip Problem!!

Post by Rafael Carlos Carrill » Sun, 20 May 2001 06:49:13

        Hi!!!!

    I'm tried to config a cisco 3640, and have a problem, the configuration
is following one:

    !
voice-port 1/0/0
 cptone ES
 operation 4-wire
 type 5
!
voice-port 1/1/0
 operation 4-wire
 type 5
!
voice-port 1/0/1
 cptone ES
 operation 4-wire
 type 5
!
voice-port 1/1/1
 operation 4-wire
 type 5
!
dial-peer voice 1 pots
 destination-pattern 4..
 port 1/0/0
!
dial-peer voice 2 pots
 destination-pattern 4..
 port 1/0/1
!
dial-peer voice 3 pots
 destination-pattern 4..
 port 1/1/0
!
dial-peer voice 4 pots
 destination-pattern 4..
 port 1/1/1
!
dial-peer voice 5 pots
 destination-pattern 5..
 port 1/0/0
!
dial-peer voice 6 pots
 destination-pattern 5..
 port 1/0/1
!
dial-peer voice 7 pots
 destination-pattern 5..
 port 1/1/0
!
dial-peer voice 8 pots
 destination-pattern 5..
 port 1/1/1
!
dial-peer voice 9 voip
 destination-pattern 6..
 req-qos controlled-load
 session target ipv4:10.56.1.1
!
dial-peer voice 10 voip
 destination-pattern 7..
 req-qos controlled-load
 session target ipv4:10.64.1.1
!
dial-peer voice 11 voip
 destination-pattern 2..
 req-qos controlled-load
 session target ipv4:10.215.9.1
!
dial-peer voice 12 voip
 destination-pattern 3..
 req-qos controlled-load
 session target ipv4:10.215.9.1
!
dial-peer voice 13 voip
 destination-pattern 8..
 req-qos controlled-load
 session target ipv4:10.211.10.1
!
dial-peer voice 14 voip
 destination-pattern 1..
 req-qos controlled-load
 codec g711alaw
 session target ipv4:10.212.8.254
!

The problem is in the dial-peer 14, when the 1 is marked, the router
disconnected the call,  as if it was not configured, the debug reporting:
CC_CAUSE_NO_RESOURCE = 0x2F  no resource. (47).

That it can be happening?

pd.- The other Router is a cisco 1750. I'm sorry for my english

    Thanks in avance.

--
Rafael C. Carrillo

Voip Problem!!

Post by BM » Sun, 20 May 2001 08:24:35

The G711 codecs provide the hardest hit to your bandwidth utilization.
Contrary to popular marketing lies, voice traffic does not ride for free. To
support G711alaw, you're going to need 83 to 88kbps *per call* bandwidth
depending on the layer 2 technologies the call has to cross.  If that
bandwidth isn't available, the call won't go through, and a resource error
message like the one you're getting will be generated.

What kind of links exist between this router and the destination IP address?
How much bandwidth on Serial links?

You're doing a 'req-qos controlled-load', add in the 'acc-qos controlled
load' command.  That will force an SNMP event anytime the requested QoS
cannot be provided.  Of course, you have to have a management platform in
place.

--
Brian Morgan
CCIE# 4865

Quote:>         Hi!!!!

> [...]

> voice-port 1/0/1
>  cptone ES
>  operation 4-wire
>  type 5
> !
> voice-port 1/1/1
>  operation 4-wire
>  type 5
> !
> dial-peer voice 1 pots
>  destination-pattern 4..
>  port 1/0/0
> !
> dial-peer voice 2 pots
>  destination-pattern 4..
>  port 1/0/1
> !
> dial-peer voice 3 pots
>  destination-pattern 4..
>  port 1/1/0
> !
> dial-peer voice 4 pots
>  destination-pattern 4..
>  port 1/1/1
> !
> dial-peer voice 5 pots
>  destination-pattern 5..
>  port 1/0/0
> !
> dial-peer voice 6 pots
>  destination-pattern 5..
>  port 1/0/1
> !
> dial-peer voice 7 pots
>  destination-pattern 5..
>  port 1/1/0
> !
> dial-peer voice 8 pots
>  destination-pattern 5..
>  port 1/1/1
> !
> dial-peer voice 9 voip
>  destination-pattern 6..
>  req-qos controlled-load
>  session target ipv4:10.56.1.1
> !
> dial-peer voice 10 voip
>  destination-pattern 7..
>  req-qos controlled-load
>  session target ipv4:10.64.1.1
> !
> dial-peer voice 11 voip
>  destination-pattern 2..
>  req-qos controlled-load
>  session target ipv4:10.215.9.1
> !
> dial-peer voice 12 voip
>  destination-pattern 3..
>  req-qos controlled-load
>  session target ipv4:10.215.9.1
> !
> dial-peer voice 13 voip
>  destination-pattern 8..
>  req-qos controlled-load
>  session target ipv4:10.211.10.1
> !
> dial-peer voice 14 voip
>  destination-pattern 1..
>  req-qos controlled-load
>  codec g711alaw
>  session target ipv4:10.212.8.254
> !

> The problem is in the dial-peer 14, when the 1 is marked, the router
> disconnected the call,  as if it was not configured, the debug reporting:
> CC_CAUSE_NO_RESOURCE = 0x2F  no resource. (47).

> That it can be happening?

> pd.- The other Router is a cisco 1750. I'm sorry for my english

1. pix (nat) problem or voip problem ?

Hello,

i am trying to establish a connection to a voip gw from a inside host, so i
can make a voip call to the gw. while i can succesfully do it with my ip
address statically natted to a real ip, i am not able to establish a
connection with my default nat for inside network. any any open for inbound
and outbound for the regarding ip addresses.
it can be a subject to resolve on the voip gateway side, i am not not sure
though but here is the error message in pix log file :

405103: H225 message from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/1720 to 192.168.0.2/1179 contains
bad protocol discriminator 3

i checked cisco.com for the above message here is the cisco's msg :

Explanation   This event is logged when PIX is expecting the protocol
discriminator, 0x08, but it received something other than 0x08. This could
happen because the endpoint is sending a bad packet, or PIX received a
message segment other than the first.
Action Packet is let through since we currently do not handle segments.

Do you have an idea to solve this issue since it is not possible to use real
ip for all clients.

I ll really appreciate if somebody can help me on this annoying subject.
Thanks in advance

2. Send Information to a list of e-mail address

3. VOIP Problem

4. reportgen

5. VoIP Problems

6. remove disks and other media

7. Be careful!! AS5300 VoIP problem & software crashed

8. Upgrade to Adaptec Easy CD 2.0?

9. VOIP problems

10. VOIP problems ... again

11. VOIP Problem