isp s 6809? catalyst switch dropping packets

isp s 6809? catalyst switch dropping packets

Post by rob merri » Tue, 06 Nov 2001 15:34:39

Hi

we have a local telco giving us access to a VLAN (ok this isn't an
internet service provider qeustion) using a catalyst 6809 switch that
connects our new site to other sites of ours . the problem is
intermitently traffic stops and telnet and other interactive session
are killed any ideas as to what I need to be pointing out to theses
isp guys ,they insist its our problem , though our intra site session
ping out without loossing a packet while new site to old site losses
packets?/

isp s 6809? catalyst switch dropping packets

Post by Gary » Wed, 07 Nov 2001 02:29:18

Are you trunking anything to them or tunneling ?

Quote:> Hi

> we have a local telco giving us access to a VLAN (ok this isn't an
> internet service provider qeustion) using a catalyst 6809 switch that
> connects our new site to other sites of ours . the problem is
> intermitently traffic stops and telnet and other interactive session
> are killed any ideas as to what I need to be pointing out to theses
> isp guys ,they insist its our problem , though our intra site session
> ping out without loossing a packet while new site to old site losses
> packets?/

isp s 6809? catalyst switch dropping packets

Post by rob merri » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 03:59:47

oops

Yep they are being tunneled and appearently the telco says the hook up
is like this

NBASE nh20001 -----fiber------NBASE(dumber unmanaged converter)---6509
CISCO(which is part of the cloud...)

> Are you trunking anything to them or tunneling ?

> > Hi

> > we have a local telco giving us access to a VLAN (ok this isn't an
> > internet service provider qeustion) using a catalyst 6809 switch that
> > connects our new site to other sites of ours . the problem is
> > intermitently traffic stops and telnet and other interactive session
> > are killed any ideas as to what I need to be pointing out to theses
> > isp guys ,they insist its our problem , though our intra site session
> > ping out without loossing a packet while new site to old site losses
> > packets?/

1. Problems with Catalyst 4006: %SYS-4-P2_WARN: 1/Invalid crc, dropped packet....

Hello,

I have the following messages in the catalyst log:

2003 Mar 13 11:21:56 met +01:00 %SYS-4-P2_WARN: 1/Invalid crc, dropped
packet, count = 99074 (every 10 minutes, counter increase)
2003 Mar 13 11:29:01 met +01:00 %SYS-4-P2_WARN: 1/Lemans(2/4) - management
request timed out. (every 20-30 minutes)

I didnt find any informationen on the cco to this messages.

Everything (ports, log, modules, config, power) on the switch (catalyst
4006, catos 7.4(2), WS-X4013, WS-X4448-GB-RJ45) seem to be ok.

Any help is welcome.

thanks in advance
Swen

2. To Steven Hirsch

3. 6500 with content switch module drop the packet which has the different MAC from previous one.

4. (none)

5. Dropped packets from switch

6. Internet Sharing & System File Checker

7. Switch dropping UDP broadcast (bootp) packets?

8. Monitor problem + NVqTwk.dll driver issue

9. RTP packets and Cisco Catalyst 2950 switch

10. Packet Filters - Logging Dropped Packets - odd results

11. Difference between packet dropped and packet loss ?

12. Core switch migration from Catalyst 5500 to Catalyst 6509

13. A simple question about Catalyst 3000 switch versus Catalyst 1900