Total memory and used memory on Cisco 2501 router?

Post by Garland Tab » Tue, 24 Nov 1998 04:00:00

The answer to your first question is:   do a "sh ver"
It will show you the amount of installed memory.
-----Original Message-----

Date: Friday, November 20, 1998 6:17 AM
Subject: Total memory and used memory on Cisco 2501 router?

>Hi
>Iam confused....

>I just want to know how to find out the total memory on the Cisco 2501
>router.

>Is it "sh mem" or "sh proc mem" command?

>I did both and  the results is given below,
> sh  mem
> Total (b)  - 16449752
> Used (b) - 2530312

> sh proc mem
> Total (b) - 18546904
> Used(b) - 2865264

>Which is the total memory and used memory?

1. Total memory and used memory on Cisco 2501 router?

Shibu,

sh mem:
              ...   Total(b)   ...
Processor     ...   16449752   ...
      I/O     ...   2097152    ...
    Total         = 18546904 *

sh proc mem:

Total (b) - 18546904 *

=> You have 16Mb of main DRAM and 2Mb (onboard) shared I/O DRAM.
   The 'Used' field in sh mem will indicate how much of each is used.

Philippe.

2. For Auction (EBAY): First wireless PDA keyboard EVER!

3. 2501 Memory and 4500-M Memory compatible?

4. Can't Ouput " " character to browser from XSL

5. Memory, Memory oh where are you Memory???

6. uucp logfile analysis aids

7. cisco 2501 memory

8. RF modules Comparison

9. 2500 memory question - how much memory does this router have?

10. Problem with CISCO 2501 and IO memory

11. Cisco 2501 Memory & IOS Question

12. Cisco 2501 Boot Roms and MEMORY

13. Cisco 2501 Memory