MST 802.1s revision

Post by hktc » Thu, 13 May 2004 18:22:13

Hi,

Just wondering when and how we use the revision option. For example,
if I start off with revision=1 with 10 VLANs and wanted to add 1 more
VLAN to the entire MST. How should I do it?

Should I start from the STP root or the leaf nodes? And should my code
look like? (esp. the revision field).

I searched CCO and found very little discussion how we maintain (e.g.
add/delete VLANs) MSTP. Any explanation/experience sharing is highly
appreciated.

hktco

1. interoperate between PVST+ or MST (802.1s) and CST (802.1d) region?

Hi,

I am confused on interoperate between PVST+ and CST (802.1d) region or
MST (802.1s) and CST (802.1d) region. Suppose I have access switch A
with 2 VLANs redundantly connected to 2 distribution/core switches, B
and C, in PVST+ or MST region. And I configure spanning tree to half of
VLANs forward on each uplink, such as VLAN 100 through switch B and
VLAN 200 through switch C. So, when I connect this region to CST
region, which's spanning tree topology to operate within the CST
region?

Please advice me.

Thanks for advance,
Nitass

2. default folder in Explorer

3. MSTP RSTP - slow convergence in mixed environnement 802.1S 802.1W

4. CM5 cooling off

5. MSTP (802.1q or 802.1s) BPDU from Cisco ?

6. radhard dsp?

7. VLAN FUTUR ? : 802.1v, 802.1s

8. RMX and SCSI

9. How to disable MSTP (802.1s) on some VLANs?

10. Spanning Tree & MIST (802.1s)

11. Is 802.1s passed as standard or not?

12. What's the use of the configuration revision number in MST