Can an ISDN BRI line damage the BRI port of a 1004 router?

Can an ISDN BRI line damage the BRI port of a 1004 router?

Post by Steve Pfist » Sat, 06 Jun 1998 04:00:00

We've had a few instances where a remote site will be come unreachable, and
can no longer dial in to our central site. A known working router placed at
the remote site is able to dial in just fine. Taking the suspect router to
another known working ISDN shows that it still cannot dial out. It seems like
the BRI port is getting damaged in some way. Is this possible and what questions
should I ask my local phone company to troubleshoot this? It's happened more
than once at two particular locations, which are rather remote and are probably
using repeaters to boost the signal.

Thanks,

Steve Pfister
Optimum Group

Can an ISDN BRI line damage the BRI port of a 1004 router?

Post by John McKa » Sat, 06 Jun 1998 04:00:00

typically... thunderstorms... will destroy the bri port... serial
ports..........a couple of my problems have been plugging the bri into the
aux port and blowing the aux/con port (they share parts)... but other than
that, i had a couple of locations (out of 35 isdn sites) where the bri is
dead due to environmental stuff.

>We've had a few instances where a remote site will be come unreachable, and
>can no longer dial in to our central site. A known working router placed at
>the remote site is able to dial in just fine. Taking the suspect router to
>another known working ISDN shows that it still cannot dial out. It seems
like
>the BRI port is getting damaged in some way. Is this possible and what
questions
>should I ask my local phone company to troubleshoot this? It's happened
more
>than once at two particular locations, which are rather remote and are
probably
>using repeaters to boost the signal.

>Thanks,

>Steve Pfister
>Optimum Group

1. Need Help to connect Cisco 1004 to 3620 with ISDN BRI-to-BRI

Hi,

Our main office is running a Cisco 3620 with 2 Etherent, 1 ISDN and a T1.
We would like to use the ISDN port to connect with a home office, which has
an ISDN line and a Cisco 1004.  The home office has two devices that need
static IP's.

Are there any sample configuration available for this kind of configuration.
Please give some directions.  Thanks in advance.

Joe

2. Anyone hacked their Revo (more memory etc)?

3. ISDN BRI 1004 <--> 4500

4. Palm Pilot questions

5. Making Cisco 1003/1004 work with Ascend P50 BRI

6. Excel file download to IIIx?

7. 1004 bri to 4700 pri PPP

8. Current NPA Lists Wanted

9. SunLink ISDN-BRI Enabling Kit and Sun-ISDN BRI/SBI Expansion Kit

10. Subdividing PRI into BRI lines/dialing into PRI from BRI

11. Serial0 backup via BRI - BRI cable seems to bring my router down (0/1)

12. Q: 2 ISDN Calls from 1 BRI port (2B+1D) on Cisco Router