PVC in an "inactive" or "deleted" state

Post by John Hovel » Fri, 30 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hello all --

I have a Cisco 1720 I am trying to set up... I can't figure out if this
is something I did wrong, or if its the phone company (its supposed to
do Frame Relay from the telco)...

It keeps telling me that my PVC's are in an "inactive" or "deleted"
state... I can't delete them or create them again since they "already
exist"...

Is there a command to delete them and start over (or activate them
somehow)?  Or is this not my problem, but the telco's?  I have a Cisco
1601 I set up, and the PVC just came up "active" when I created it...

Anyone have any ideas... PS... anybody got a good web resource for
learning how to do this sort of thing, so I don't post here sounding
like a moron :->?

Thanks a lot...

Cheers,
John

PVC in an "inactive" or "deleted" state

Post by RLC » Fri, 30 Jun 2000 04:00:00

time to call the Telco
I have found that if the line goes down for an extended amount of time the
Telco switch will have automatically put it in a "deleted" state.
If this has never worked I would also verify that your DLCI numbers match
theirs and you are both using the same type of encapsulation.
If you do a show interface on the main serial port do you have LMI?

~rlc
CNE, CCNA, CCDA

> Hello all --

> I have a Cisco 1720 I am trying to set up... I can't figure out if this
> is something I did wrong, or if its the phone company (its supposed to
> do Frame Relay from the telco)...

> It keeps telling me that my PVC's are in an "inactive" or "deleted"
> state... I can't delete them or create them again since they "already
> exist"...

> Is there a command to delete them and start over (or activate them
> somehow)?  Or is this not my problem, but the telco's?  I have a Cisco
> 1601 I set up, and the PVC just came up "active" when I created it...

> Anyone have any ideas... PS... anybody got a good web resource for
> learning how to do this sort of thing, so I don't post here sounding
> like a moron :->?

> Thanks a lot...

> Cheers,
> John

PVC in an "inactive" or "deleted" state

Post by Joel CH » Fri, 30 Jun 2000 04:00:00

If your using IOS ver 12.0 or higher you can use ConfigMaker 2.4, from
Cisco. If you post your running config, maybe someone here can tell what's
wrong and how to fix it.  Is the CD and AL light lit on the 1720 WIC?

Quote:> Hello all --

Post by Ken Feli » Fri, 30 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> Hello all --

> I have a Cisco 1720 I am trying to set up... I can't figure out if this
> is something I did wrong, or if its the phone company (its supposed to
> do Frame Relay from the telco)...

> It keeps telling me that my PVC's are in an "inactive" or "deleted"
> state... I can't delete them or create them again since they "already
> exist"...

> Is there a command to delete them and start over (or activate them
> somehow)?  Or is this not my problem, but the telco's?  I have a Cisco
> 1601 I set up, and the PVC just came up "active" when I created it...

> Anyone have any ideas... PS... anybody got a good web resource for
> learning how to do this sort of thing, so I don't post here sounding
> like a moron :->?

> Thanks a lot...

> Cheers,
> John

The other party on the far-side of the PVC what does his state show?
inactive could be  because his  serial interface is admin down, no layer-2
established etc........